Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FAA and a FOIA Request.

Reaction score
Just a FYI to others that may have been called by the FAA regarding a you-tube video or a flight that you did that someone had reported you on. the FAA FOIA request is pretty fast. The FSDO that I talked to about this complaint told me I would not get anything and that it would be anonymous. The paperwork i got was just the opposite. It has all the information on it I could have wanted to know. I guess the moral of this is keep your enemies closer. especially those that have a 333 and want to report your hobby flight as a danger to the NAS with no grounds at all.

Reactions: wisesafe
Sure...posted a video on YouTube. Did all the good things a UAS operator has to do..notify-GPS-listen to airport radio ect...Video went viral. My State DOT picked it up and ran with it. The 333 holder in the area reported my flight as being inside the 5 mile airport radius with out notification. He called the airport and the manager stated no notification was given. Since it was Easter sunday no one picked up the phone and I left a message with the airport and listed to the radio for incoming traffic. Flight never went over 175 feet. They claimed (FAA) I never notified. I told them I did and that AC-9157A does not state anyone has to answer the phone or email. It was a funny conversation with the FAA on this one. As it turns out, im finding that the one that reported me is actually friends with one of the FSDO people. They are buddy buddy. FSDO guy even claimed that any airport manager can DENY any UAS flight, even in class G airspace. I told him he was wrong. He did not like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
technologyacair