Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FAA seeks 'emergency' action on drones

They need to do something about it and quick. Should of had all this in play years ago is my thought on it.

They need to do something about it and quick. Should of had all this in play years ago is my thought on it.
Careful what you wish for. Apparently now there are going to be private "vendors" who are going to be able to process airspace authorizations in the immediate future.

Skyward Is an FAA-Approved LAANC Airspace Vendor

Are we now going to have to "pay to play" or will this service be offered to the commercial sector at no charge?

Careful what you wish for. Apparently now there are going to be private "vendors" who are going to be able to process airspace authorizations in the immediate future.

Skyward Is an FAA-Approved LAANC Airspace Vendor

Are we now going to have to "pay to play" or will this service be offered to the commercial sector at no charge?
I’m sure you’ll probably have to pay to play. I’d be surprised if they didn’t. How much would be hard to say.

They can do all they want around my area and it will not make a bit a difference except for one gig that’s in e2. I’m more concerned about joe smow out flying his airplane or helicopter from the 60s with no radio or transponder. A lot of them around my area are like that. A lot of single person airports around where I live. I really have to watch around my area when flying because most of the personal planes and helicopters( personal,state,and medical) fly in the air space I’m supposed to be in. Most of the time I think I’d be safer at 1500 feet than at the 300 ft I’m at if just cruising around.

Reactions: Getting the Shot
They can do all they want around my area and it will not make a bit a difference except for one gig that’s in e2. I’m more concerned about joe smow out flying his airplane or helicopter from the 60s with no radio or transponder. A lot of them around my area are like that. A lot of single person airports around where I live. I really have to watch around my area when flying because most of the personal planes and helicopters( personal,state,and medical) fly in the air space I’m supposed to be in. Most of the time I think I’d be safer at 1500 feet than at the 300 ft I’m at if just cruising around.
Guess there is something to be said for flying in controlled airspace.

There is a list of vendors that will be in the trial. DJI is not one of them.
I mean for their unlocking bs on their app. What if you get a last minute inspection job at an airport and get the coa instantly how long are you going to have to wait for dji to unlock your drone that’s listed as a no fly zone on their map? Will they be as fast as the new system?

I mean for their unlocking bs on their app. What if you get a last minute inspection job at an airport and get the coa instantly how long are you going to have to wait for dji to unlock your drone that’s listed as a no fly zone on their map? Will they be as fast as the new system?
And yet again, the plot thickens. I just had an update applied day before yesterday ... apparently now there is a DJI Fly Safe Data Dictionary v 01.00.01.05 that has been added to the mix (at least for the Inspire 1).
If all of the airspace issues were as simple as slapping software restrictions on us then why bother going through the training and licensing process? Conversely, why do I need some desk-bound drone in China telling me where I can fly in the US? I think I am better able to judge where it is safe to fly and where it isn't. I certainly don't need another country's permission to fly in my own NAS... but I digress. (soapbox mode off)

Ye
And yet again, the plot thickens. I just had an update applied day before yesterday ... apparently now there is a DJI Fly Safe Data Dictionary v 01.00.01.05 that has been added to the mix (at least for the Inspire 1).
If all of the airspace issues were as simple as slapping software restrictions on us then why bother going through the training and licensing process? Conversely, why do I need some desk-bound drone in China telling me where I can fly in the US? I think I am better able to judge where it is safe to fly and where it isn't. I certainly don't need another country's permission to fly in my own NAS... but I digress. (soapbox mode off)
ah I noticed that also. Just more junk to add to the app to slow it down and burn up your cpu. Not sure if it’s something the faa suggested they do, which I doubt it is, sounds more like something dji s lawyers would be telling them to do to cover their butts. Either way people are still flying in no fly zones by using gps jammers which is even worse yet because it messes with the instrumentation on the aircraft that carry hundreds of people.

Ye

ah I noticed that also. Just more junk to add to the app to slow it down and burn up your cpu. Not sure if it’s something the faa suggested they do, which I doubt it is, sounds more like something dji s lawyers would be telling them to do to cover their butts. Either way people are still flying in no fly zones by using gps jammers which is even worse yet because it messes with the instrumentation on the aircraft that carry hundreds of people.
I personally have never run into a problem (yet) but then again, once I preflight I shut the GO app down and switch to Pix4D Capture and take care of business. No problem. Not much fun either.

It took them a year to create a problem that needs an "emergency" solutions.

The big boys are about to own the UAS airspace and the small operators will be left fighting with municipalities

Reactions: Airspeed
It took them a year to create a problem that needs an "emergency" solutions.

The big boys are about to own the UAS airspace and the small operators will be left fighting with municipalities

I notice yesterday a guy Flying his little small helicopter and was flying all over the place very low and I thought to myself, this guy is doing what he wants to do but I can't do what I want to do in the same airspace.

I notice yesterday a guy Flying his little small helicopter and was flying all over the place very low and I thought to myself, this guy is doing what he wants to do but I can't do what I want to do in the same airspace.
That’s because they are in it . I agree tho that it’s bs. Same with a ppg. Fly where ya want, up to 10,000 feet,no registration and other things like radios or transponders. You come up on a ppg pretty fast when you are going 200 to 250 knots.

Reactions: slim.slamma

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell