Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Failed RC I1 update--> DJI Go App says it's now a Phantom 3 RC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello Folks,

After a long period without updating my Inspire 1 and RC i thought it's time to get it done once more.

Bad Idea!!!!

I connected my RC with my Ipad and uploated the new firmware and proceeded the update. After maybe 15 minutes the yellow updating wheel indicated always 0% so i decided to interrupt the update. I needed to shut off the RC because everything was stuck on the ipad.

You can imagine what followed:

RC LED has a greenish light and when i connect the ipad the DJI Go App indicates that the RC is now a RC for a Phantom 3.

-I tried a few times the reset for RC (Hold C1 + C2 + Shutter Button and turn off with Power Button --> then the same sequence when turning on power) but nothing happens!!!

- Tried also to reboot the RC with different USB sticks and the special *gs_ofdm.bin* file without success.

Does anybody out there has another idea what i can do?

Thanks for all your help!

Patrick

downgrade the FW. when you turn on the RC with ipad attach press and hold the 3 lines in the upper right corner this will then open the window to downgrade the FW to previous. try then after completion and reboot RC to re-upgrade and see how that goes

Hello and thanks TruGreen,

I tried this solution but with no success because the only thing i saw was a downgrade to a previous firmware version for a phantom 3

Thanks anyway

Patrick

ive done it and been successful. but yea can try or send to DJI for them to fix worst case it gets bricked and dont work

ive done it and been successful. but yea can try or send to DJI for them to fix worst case it gets bricked and dont work
Yes I think you're right. Nothing to loose anyway as is the situation. Gonna try and send the RC back to DJI if it gets bricked.

Will get feedback.

Thanks TruGreen

Reactions: TruGreen
Hello TruGreen,

Glad i followed your advice. My way was to update within the GoApp 4 as well as the app recognised my RC as one of the Phantom 3 (reason for this is because nothing else worked anymore // 3 bars in the upper right corner). First it tried to update the new Phantom 3 RC firmware and then suddenly stopped. After a few seconds the update started again but this time with the latest Inspire 1 firmware.

So after all i'm quite lucky to have my rig in good conditions again. Gonna have some flight tests after the rain stops:)

Merry Christmas and good flights

Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG