Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Filters for the DJI 15MM Lens & The Olympus 45MM Lens

Reaction score
Hello All,

What's the best filter set up for these lenses??? Ideally the filters would be able to work on both lenses. I see a a lot of talk about balancing lenses on the X-5 gimbal so I want to make sure I'm heading down the right path??

Thanks,

Sean

the DJI 15 and the Zuiko 12, 25 all use 42 mm filter sizes. The Zuiko 45 uses 37 mm. Get 42 mm filters and a 42-37 mm step-down ring. Many good filters on the market, such as B&W, Heliopan, etc.

Thanks so much my friend

One quick question,....will that set up work with the Lens hoods are do I need to get another ring?? I need to mitigate lens flares. I see a lot of chat about that topic

Thanks so much my friend

One quick question,....will that set up work with the Lens hoods are do I need to get another ring?? I need to mitigate lens flares. I see a lot of chat about that topic

The DJI 15 and Zuiko 25 come with a hood that mounts to the lens itself, not the filter. The 12 and 45 do not have hoods, and would require a screw-on type hood (to filter). Most NDs have outer thread (except for variable NDs), so that's possible, but balance considerations are an issue.

Lens flare is always going to be an issue if shooting in backlight, and a better determinant of how much any lens will flare is lens and/or filter coatings. Hoods can help, but only if the sun, or other bright light source, is on the periphery of the FOV, instead of within the frame. Another consideration is whether or not a hood will affect the gimbal while in fast flight.

the DJI 15 and the Zuiko 12, 25 all use 42 mm filter sizes. The Zuiko 45 uses 37 mm. Get 42 mm filters and a 42-37 mm step-down ring. Many good filters on the market, such as B&W, Heliopan, etc.

Don't they use 46mm filters? Sans 45mm f/1.8 which is 37mm.

Yeah, the lens vendors like to keep you on your toes! I've been guilty of buying a couple wrong size filters... they were B+W MRC too :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop