Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

"Find My Drone" Capabilities

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed or used the feature in GO4 in any meaningful way? There doesn't seem to be much on the topic on the forum yet. I would hazard a guess that it's primary function is to locate downed aircraft, but it could be far more useful for stolen equipment.

A long story short, I have had a company kit stolen from a company vehicle, all claimed on insurance and never to be seen again. I was barking up the wrong tree asking DJI if they could locate it via serial number the next time the thing was powered on and connected to the internet, but I wonder how this new feature applies to stolen equipment?

The feature is only available on GO4, so it has no record of the Inspire 1 V2 that was stolen as it runs on the older version of GO, so my hopes of a reunion were dashed. But has anyone used the feature in this way? I'm going to try flying my I2 on another DJI account/phone/GO4 app and see if my primary app detects the flight and pops up. I'd like to think it would as it isn't necessarily sharing anything more than it's last GPS location, ie not entire flight records. But I am prepared to be disappointed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla