Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firefighter films = fraud or not?

Reaction score
Hi there fellow Inspire Pilots,

I was approached by a man named Christopher Carson from a production house called Firefighter Films. The email was very suspicious and seemed like another attempt by a fraudulent operation to capture some high resolution footage free of charge with no specifics as to what would be provided in exchange. Has anyone else been approached by them? This is practically the same approach as the previous group of people who approached many of you (including me) to build an international network of drone operators.

Anyone have info on them?

Cheers

Patrice

Hi there fellow Inspire Pilots,

I was approached by a man named Christopher Carson from a production house called Firefighter Films. The email was very suspicious and seemed like another attempt by a fraudulent operation to capture some high resolution footage free of charge with no specifics as to what would be provided in exchange. Has anyone else been approached by them? This is practically the same approach as the previous group of people who approached many of you (including me) to build an international network of drone operators.

Anyone have info on them?

Cheers

Patrice
Unfortunately there are many not so trustworthy individuals who have caught onto the fact that this is new technology and people are eager to share things and sign up to things without fully checking the source.
The company you are talking about was set up and run by a known criminal who saw an opportunity and attempted to exploit individuals.
I would advise great caution if approached by any person or 'company' who does not have a sound understanding in the technology they are asking to share.
Usually alarm bells ring but sometimes websites are set up that look very convincing. A good Google search will always produce good results and companies are relatively easily searchable for ownership, domain registration and directorships. All of this information is publically available.
Just be careful......

Is this the same guy who I asked you about yesterday Patrice? I remember he didn't seem to know the difference between 1080 and 4k, or fps. If it smells like a rat.............

Reactions: DJM

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeddyBirkb