Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Fireworks over NC

Very cool perspective. Couple of question. Do I assume that you had a longer lens on so that you did not have to get as close as you appear? And the big one, what were your camera settings for ISO, Aperture and Shutter speed. You managed to get great exposure on the FW and still were opened up enough to expose the darker ground.

Thanks

Very cool perspective. Couple of question. Do I assume that you had a longer lens on so that you did not have to get as close as you appear? And the big one, what were your camera settings for ISO, Aperture and Shutter speed. You managed to get great exposure on the FW and still were opened up enough to expose the darker ground.

Thanks
Hey,
I had ISO set at 1600 shooting 2.7K @24fps 1/50 shutter. To be honest I forgot exactly where my aperture was. i believe I had it set at 5.6 or 7. Didn't want to let too much light in with the explosion but still wanted enough coming in for the ground to be seen. The camera was the X5 which has a huge sensor, probably could have jumped the ISO up to 2000. Gonna try that next time. This was my first attempt and my first try with the X5. The camera is a 15mm so what you see is where i was. Right in it!! Really impressed how the X5 did. Can't wait to do more night shots!!

Cool. Yea that sounds about like what I would expect. I am surprised that you shot at 2.7 vs. 4K. I think when I give it a shot I will shoot with your settings, but at 3840x2160 at 48fps 1/1000. That way you have the slowmo option as well as the sensor crop associated the 48fps that will allow you to be farther away. Anyway just a thought. Thanks for you generous sharing of your settings and footage!

If you don't want to go i that close then yea, you can crop, buy you won't get the effect of the sulfur pellets flying by you. The only reason i shoot in 2.7 now is that I don't have a **** good computer yet that can handle the 4k, but I tell you what...I just got back from watching this a friends 7k 75 inch super HD and I challenge someone to show the dif. It was spectacular. That camera simply kicked ***!! Those settings seem awful fast to get enough light, but try it first before you venture to your fireworks show. Bolton

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44