Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware 1.6 problems

Reaction score
Hi,
Is anyone else having problems installing the v1.6 firmware? All was good with my Inspire 1 until I attempted this upgrade. Now all I get is a message stating that both the aircraft and batteries require upgrades?

Any suggestions welcome

Have upgraded all to the latest firmware and app, no errors.. but get message that the aircraft needs update.

All upgrades need to be successfully installed. My x5 after sitting for the holiday season in its case needed everything firmware wise updated. The bird took 2 tries. Reinstalled 1.3 which after success, shutdown and restarted with each battery to update them. Installed 1.5.7 on my remote and DJI Go app from 2.4 to 2.5. After all that, all systems go...:)

Your device shows that it is 1.6?

And which app version are you running?

I am running 2.5.1 on the app, which is the latest version (i believe). I'm trying to get v.1.6.0.40 onto the inspire, but it just will not start the upload process.

Works fine on my machine. Are you sure it has been upgraded successfully?
I have all of the text files to show the previous upgrades have been successful, it's just this latest version of the firmware v.1.6.0.40, that will not load. The file has definitely been loaded into the root directory of the sd card and is in the correct format, as all previous ones have been, it just will not start the process?

Did you try the original sd card that came with the bird? Try downgrading to a previous firmware and upgrading again. I had to do this for 1.3 on my x5. Make sure you are using the right firmware. You must have the x3? The latest firmware for the x5 is 1.3. Make sure you are using the "PRO" support site and that firmware if you have the I1 x5.

Post the hidden log file located in the MISC\LOG folder.

You will need to enable hidden files on your computer first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remember if that bird sees a firmware that's the same it will not upgrade. Check results after your process for success. There is a hidden log file on the card after the upgrade that has detailed info on the process.
Hi, a little off subject I am having ridiculous lag issue which is also captured on recording I have tried everything but cannot resolve the issues and have already broken commitments due to a failed usb hub which I replaced myself to avoid the turn around time now I have a wedding this week I may also have to cancel if I cannot resolve this 7 second+ lag I'm dealing with, can anyone help ?

Did you try the original sd card that came with the bird? Try downgrading to a previous firmware and upgrading again. I had to do this for 1.3 on my x5. Make sure you are using the right firmware. You must have the x3? The latest firmware for the x5 is 1.3. Make sure you are using the "PRO" support site and that firmware if you have the I1 x5.

Hi, a little off subject I am having ridiculous lag issue which is also captured on recording I have tried everything but cannot resolve the issues and have already broken commitments due to a failed usb hub which I replaced myself to avoid the turn around time now I have a wedding this week I may also have to cancel if I cannot resolve this 7 second+ lag I'm dealing with, can anyone help ?

Which device are you using?

Remember if that bird sees a firmware that's the same it will not upgrade. Check results after your process for success. There is a hidden log file on the card after the upgrade that has detailed info on the process.
Thanks I always save the the files to ensure compliance if my operations manual / safety system is audited by clients.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide