Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware help please

Reaction score
i have an I1Pro Black. Have had tons of issues with travel mode etc. B&H sent me a new VPS module, that fixed that problem. Now it's telling me to update my firmware. Look at the attached image.
APP version: 2.8.4
Aircraft: 1.2.1.06+
R/C: 1.6
Camera: 1.9.1.10

How the hell am I supposed to proceed in order to get my bird back in order? Ideally, id like to be on 1.8..

Please give me any suggestions.
Thanks.
(Please leave sarcastic, snippy comments to yourself, they don't help.)

Correct, using my iMac, I've tried several memory cards, formatted them first on the Inspire, loaded either 1.8 or 1.9 BIN files directly on to them, nothing happens. I've never had any issues with my I1 X3, firmware updates always went off without a hitch. Ever since I've had this new Pro-Black, it's been nothing but issues.

You're saying that I can easily get the aircraft from 1.2 to 1.8?

Correct, using my iMac, I've tried several memory cards, formatted them first on the Inspire, loaded either 1.8 or 1.9 BIN files directly on to them, nothing happens. I've never had any issues with my I1 X3, firmware updates always went off without a hitch. Ever since I've had this new Pro-Black, it's been nothing but issues.

You're saying that I can easily get the aircraft from 1.2 to 1.8?
They are all in one upgrades so you can skip versions. I have heard in the past that using a PC rather than a Mac to download and save the bin file to an SD card worked for them. Don't understand it but hey it might be worth borrowing a PC laptop and try it. The RC needs to be off when doing the AC update and the AC needs done first. The RC is now done via the GO app and Internet.

I think there was a major change in how updates are done from 1.3 onward. More knowledgeable chaps than me will probably chip in here...Hopefully!

Believe you have to update to firmware 1.3 with sd card, then you can update to latest version using Djibouti go app

I have just updated my inspire pro black to 1.9.1.30 and it's spot on.
1 format micro sd card in camera.
2 remove micro sd card and plug it in to PC, down load correct file form DJI site (get the correct one). You may experience problems using a Mac.
3 install micro sd card in to camera and power up aircraft only. Make sure battery is at 100 %.
4 listen to the 4 pulses. When these change to 3 firmware is updated. May take 20 mins.
5 turn off aircraft and remove sad card and plug this in to PC.
6 read the additional file now written on the sad card. This should say "successfully".
7 if not install again.
8 turn on transmitter and then aircraft.
9 carry out an IMU calibration by turning off aircraft for 5 mins to allow it to cool down. Then turning it on. Position it away from possible objects that may effect calibration - middle of garden is good. Flat and level. Calibrate. This takes 5 mins.
10 perform a compass calibration.
11 perform flight test.
Hope this is helpful.

Yes it's easy to get the v1 rather than the pro or raw. Another point, I just got a camera/gimbal back from DJI for repair and they set the firmware back to the original purchased version from 2015. The inspire was already the latest firmware so when I tried to upgrade just the camera, nothing happened. I reasoned that the latest firmware does not have a camera up grade so no change could be made to the camera. I searched back and found I think it was the previous firmware HAD a camera upgrade and it is still the latest for the camera/gimbal. When I installed the older firmware it cleverly upgraded the camera to the latest firmware and left the Inspire with its latest version (in other words, it didn't downgrade the Inspire but did instal the latest camera/gimbal firmware)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop