Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware Malfunction!!

Reaction score
Question!! Due to a bad battery I was installing the latest firmware and restarted the process, It went into all lights flashing then started sounding like a scared Goose. I figure from the readout saying disconnecting it wiped out everything. Do I have a recourse other than sending it back to DJI?

Question!! Due to a bad battery I was installing the latest firmware and restarted the process, It went into all lights flashing then started sounding like a scared Goose. I figure from the readout saying disconnecting it wiped out everything. Do I have a recourse other than sending it back to DJI?
Probably not - power loss during a firmware update is usually fatal however you could try reinstalling if it will let you ( you have probably tried that though).
DJI MAY be able to supply you with a file bootloader that will get your Inspire back into a state ready to accept firmware but there is no guarantee.

Probably not - power loss during a firmware update is usually fatal however you could try reinstalling if it will let you ( you have probably tried that though).
DJI MAY be able to supply you with a file bootloader that will get your Inspire back into a state ready to accept firmware but there is no guarantee.
I cant believe they would give out a bootloader....
So what happened here? when you say bad battery? did the battery malfunction or was it out of power?

Thanks I ordered a F C from Zac Davis @ Drone Works.

I don't know if this helps but I was having all sorts of problems loading the latest firmware, 1.5.0.30, into our I1. I reinstalled 1.1.0.40 and it told me the craft needed an update. So, I tried 1.5.0.30 again and it worked. Here's the weird part, the I1 made all the right noises as it updated, lights flashed and the gimbal spun around but when I checked the txt message after upgrading it said, "error: corrupted firmware file, reload from dji website and try again." When I checked what the firmware was on the GoApp it confirmed the upgrade and when I sent DJI my log file they confirmed it had updated.
So, maybe try reloading the last upgrade, then try 1.5.0.30 again, with fresh batteries! Good Luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool