Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware upgrade

Reaction score
Hello!

I upgraded to the last firmware last week. The txt file said sucess, so I deleted the txt and the bin. When I now power up the Inspire it flashes in all sorts of colors, yellow, green, purple, red, blue. The gimbal starts up, checks itselfe and then shuts down making this sound "beep beep... beep beep.... beep beep" continiously.

What could be wrong?

Here is a video of the problem:

Hello!

I upgraded to the last firmware last week. The txt file said sucess, so I deleted the txt and the bin. When I now power up the Inspire it flashes in all sorts of colors, yellow, green, purple, red, blue. The gimbal starts up, checks itselfe and then shuts down making this sound "beep beep... beep beep.... beep beep" continiously.

What could be wrong?

Here is a video of the problem:

Have you put a different battery in? If that hasn't been upgraded it needs the bin file on the card to do the upgrade.

Yes, I have tried with several batteries.. they all upgrade, but the problem consists. The RC light is green, but the aircraft does not respond to me for example wanting to put it to travel mode. The Go App also says "disconnected" on both Android and IOS. I have tried do downgrade the firmware, also downgrade the Go App on Android. No Luck.

Yes, I have tried with several batteries.. they all upgrade, but the problem consists. The RC light is green, but the aircraft does not respond to me for example wanting to put it to travel mode. The Go App also says "disconnected" on both Android and IOS. I have tried do downgrade the firmware, also downgrade the Go App on Android. No Luck.

Just checking, but you realise the camera must be detached to get it into travel mode.

I had something like this back in October which turned out to be a faulty camera. It also happened with a firmware upgrade but I think that was just a coincidence, however very confusing to try and get to the bottom of it.

What happens if you remove the camera and then power up, does it still say disconnected, can you start the motors? If not then I can't think of anything to suggest at the moment other than trawling through this forum for clues. If it does work without the camera then check the gimbal / aircraft connector pins aren't damaged. Also check the ribbon cable to these pins is a tight connection. Still no better then try a different camera if you can get hold of one, a local dealer they may be able to do this for you.

Yes I know, I have tried with the camera off. No response. I have talked to DJI Support, nothing they said worked. It says disconnected no matter what I do. I cannot do anything from the RC, but the light is green on the RC, thats strange I think. If there are any other ways to start the motors than from the RC I havent tried it, I only know how to start them from the RC.

Yes offcourse, everything is updated, I even tried downgrade both bird and apps, no contact what so ever, but the RC light is green. I returned it to the store I got it from, they couldn't figure it out, so it's now sent somewhere else.

No sd card (corrupt sd) inserted? I cant remember if inspires do that but phantoms make that beep,
you could try to downgrade a firmware then re upgrade again.

I dont think the SD was corrupt, becasue it mounted it on my laptop, and the .txt file said "succes" and the card acted all normal..

if you hold the bind button behind the nose cone in while you turn on the bird keep holing until the first double beep, that should initiate a force install of the firmware that is on the card. If you jumped from something really old like 1.3 to 1.8 you might want to go back and do them all in order, if it was a smaller jump like 1.5 or 1.6 to 1.8 just try putting 1.8 on again, or 1.7 then 1.8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla