Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

First Flight Report

Reaction score
Well I was able to take my I1 Pro out for it's first flight today even though the weather was less than perfect. Temps were just above freezing with a light wind and an occasional snow flurry.

I brought the OEM TB47 battery in the copter and three TB48 batteries in a cooler to keep them from getting too cold. Put the props on and gave it a once over before firing up and doing the compass cal. I didn't want the flight battery to get cold so I took off right away. Did some quick maneuver checks before heading out for a loop around the area. Started at about 25AGL but as I flew further away I increased to 110AGL and flew the rest of the flight at that altitude.

The skies were definitely overcast and as I reached about 2500 feet distance I began to have trouble seeing it so I turned to avoid going any further. I completed the loop and headed home when I was down to about 55% battery and when I landed I was at 44%. It felt like the flight was only about 5 minutes in length but a review of the video says just over 8 minutes -- probably should have kept the first flight a bit shorter.

I had three more batteries and there was plenty of time, but I didn't want to push it and my hands were getting pretty cold so I called it a day. I didn't pay much attention to the video as I was concentrating on flying but a review of the video indicates a pretty level horizon and that fact alone makes me very happy.

As this is my first drone and my first flight my flight skills are not so good just yet and that's to be expected. I was quite impressed with the responsiveness and found my yaw rates were faster than I anticipated -- I'll have to work at getting that down.

I don't expect to concentrate much on the video/camera for the first few flights as I want to get the feeling and muscle memory for flying down before splitting my attention.

So, all in all I am ecstatic!

Brian

Thanks I'm still flying virtual for now maybe for my birthday Sunday would be a great time for an inaugural flight, hope it's as successful fortunately it'll be warmer here in sunny Florida

Thanks I'm still flying virtual for now maybe for my birthday Sunday would be a great time for an inaugural flight, hope it's as successful fortunately it'll be warmer here in sunny Florida

I can't deal with Florida summers but boy are the winters nice. I used to live in upstate NY and every March I'd drive down and meet up with 10-20 family and friends for the Daytona Bike Week. It was great to get an early start on spring and ride some motorcycles in the Sunshine State. I'd spend a couple weeks most years and by the time I got back home in mid to late March the weather was warming.

What part of FL are you at? My family was mostly in the Lantana to Stuart area.

Brian

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth