Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

First Video and Still with the X5

Reaction score
Website
www.kvphoto.com
WELL...I had a moment in time today and decided to go out and find something that needed to be filmed!!!

Got my X5 and Inspire 1 Pro in on Monday, I've been testing it and reading the instructions and getting everything tweaked and ready....today was the day.....

For those who like STILLS....I did these (Below).DJI_0006-web.jpgDJI_0007-web.jpg

The second one with in insert in the lower right is a close up of the cypress knees in the lower left. That was what I had the camera focused on..I double tapped on the iPad and it seemed to work....I find it a tiny bit soft....but then again....maybe I'm being too picky....if you look down the Bayou.....the trees in the upper right ARE out of focus.....but the foreground is in focus.

If you want to get a closer look at the raw video and DNG still files, go here:
Dropbox - Swamp

Finally.....WHEN you watch the video....when I'm going INTO the sun, if you watch in the lower left, you will see an alligator.....they are everywhere here in South Louisiana!

Enjoy!

Yours,

Kirk Voclain
Kirk Voclain Photography

Thanks Kirk for the images and video, sure is photogenic in your neck of the woods.

Ive been looking...make that devouring any X5 footage I can find at the moment to access quality as iam on the verge of ordering.

Most of the footage I see is a little on the soft side, but this could be due to the fact that we are seeing early footage from operators such as yourself who perhaps need a bit more time to get used to the X5 to see if this can be improved somewhat. Or perhaps this is what we have in terms of "sharpness" from the X5.
The X3 tends to over sharpen to much and now possibly the X3 has gone the other way and is a tad on the soft side.
However the X5 from what I have seen handles a bit of sharpening well in post.

The still images are way better than the X3 as you would expect.

Also where you using a polariser filter?

Thanks Kirk for the images and video, sure is photogenic in your neck of the woods.

Ive been looking...make that devouring any X5 footage I can find at the moment to access quality as iam on the verge of ordering.

Most of the footage I see is a little on the soft side, but this could be due to the fact that we are seeing early footage from operators such as yourself who perhaps need a bit more time to get used to the X5 to see if this can be improved somewhat. Or perhaps this is what we have in terms of "sharpness" from the X5.
The X3 tends to over sharpen to much and now possibly the X3 has gone the other way and is a tad on the soft side.
However the X5 from what I have seen handles a bit of sharpening well in post.

The still images are way better than the X3 as you would expect.

Also where you using a polariser filter?

No filter at all.....

This coloring was all done in the Raw conversion process, via Adobe Camera Raw.

I did not try "SHARPENING" the video at all....frankly....I like the way it looks....but the still, just when I zoom in....they seem a bit soft.....but I have NOT printed anything yet....that is my next thing.....because if it looks good printed....well....that is all I need.

Kirk

Thanks Kirk for taking the time to post these. It helps many of us who remain on the fence about the X5. The Dropbox files work great for the "pixel peepers" in the crowd!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg