Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

First video, waterfall in the Yorkshire Dales

Reaction score
Website
www.dakinproductions.com
Shot in 3 flights almost entirely over a river and falls in the Yorkshire Dales (UK), the Inspire behaved perfectly and achieved lovely smooth, detailed footage. Slightly precarious site to fly but worth the added risk. This is my first video from the Inspire (other than from test flights), feedback welcome.

Reactions: Lofty Visions
Great first video! I'm originally from Yorkshire and I liked it, especially mixed in with the ground footage. What camera did you use for that? If it was a smartphone (some take great footage aka Galaxy Note 3 onwards) then you may consider a handheld gimbal which keeps the camera nice and shake-free. I have this one and it's great:
Lanparte HHG-01 Handheld Gimbal for Smartphones HHG-01 B&H Photo

Where exactly was the waterfall?

Hi, thanks for the nice feedback :) The video was shot at aysgarth falls on a family get together, a very beautiful place! I only had a dozen or so flights with the inspire so i was a little nervous flying over the river, but that said i used to fly a heli some years back and in comparison the inspire is a dream to fly, even in atti so i had a blast. I used an SLR to capture the ground shots and dismissed almost all of the footage unfortunately due to camera shake. A gimbal does seem a good way to go and i'm tempted with the new ozmo now that it's available as a handle only and can use the inspire camera. Would like to see some reviews before shelling out more cash to DJI once a few folks have got their hands on them though. The hike from the car park to the falls was horrendous with the inspire with a case full of batteries and an SLR, a little hand held gimbal sure would add some value with very little cost and payload..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe123