Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flickering

Reaction score
I've noticed in my footage, in high contrast, high detail areas I can see a flicker. Not on the entire image, just the detailed areas. This is on the raw footage, shot at 25p, 4K, ISO 200 through an ND8.
The flickering is worsened considerably by sharpening.
I'm using Resolve and am on the latest OSMO raw fw.
Has anybody else experienced this or found a workaround??

Last edited:
I've noticed in my footage, in high contrast, high detail areas I can see a flicker. Not on the entire image, just the detailed areas. This is on the raw footage, shot at 25p, 4K, ISO 200 through an ND8.
The flickering is worsened considerably by sharpening.
I'm using Resolve and am on the latest OSMO raw fw.
Has anybody else experienced this or found a workaround??
It's a limitation of how DJI have implemented the codec coupled with a woefully low bitrate for capturing 4K. Add to this too much in camera sharpening and you have a recipie for poor video.

I'm afraid it is just DJI showing their lack of expertise in the camera arena.

It's a limitation of how DJI have implemented the codec coupled with a woefully low bitrate for capturing 4K. Add to this too much in camera sharpening and you have a recipie for poor video.

I'm afraid it is just DJI showing their lack of expertise in the camera arena.

This is on the raw SSD footage, not the h264 ad footage...

Ah sorry, my bad, I misread it was on the X5R.
Unfortunately same answer applies - DJI are useless at making cameras - not that helpful I know but true.

To be fair they are getting better with every release, well we will skip over the Z3 for a minute bit that's hopefully will be sorted soon.

Steep learning curve let's say, the X5 V2S black edition should be awesome [emoji3]

To be fair they are getting better with every release, well we will skip over the Z3 for a minute bit that's hopefully will be sorted soon.

Steep learning curve let's say, the X5 V2S black edition should be awesome [emoji3]
If that's the one that Sony will make for them from concept to production then yup, I'll agree with you. :p

Is the problem evident in both natural (sun) and electric light sources?.... 25 fps can get flickering in countries that run a 50Hz electric supply frequency

I know the normal electrical flicker. This is something different. I've only seen this outside in sunlight in highly detailed areas. For example, I was filming a mountainside with broken up rock with fine detail. The flickering was over this detailed portion of the image

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont