Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flight Speed

Reaction score
When doing an aerial video shot of, say a warehouse or factory - so biggish building - what speed (mph or m/s) do people fly at? What speed gives the nicest "look and feel" to the shot, so that it's not too fast, but not so slow as to leave the viewer wishing you'd flown it faster?

What is the ultimate objective of the mission. Is it for show, "Real Estate Listing" or inspection/documentation?

When doing an aerial video shot of, say a warehouse or factory - so biggish building - what speed (mph or m/s) do people fly at? What speed gives the nicest "look and feel" to the shot, so that it's not too fast, but not so slow as to leave the viewer wishing you'd flown it faster?
This question is almost impossible to answer since there are so many variables involved in establishing the final shot.
These include but not limited to:

• Type/Genre of production to achieve a ‘feel’
  • Distance from building (Closer gives more sense of speed)
  • Angle of shot
  • Direction of flight (towards or away from subject)
  • Focal length of lens
  • Frame rate (do you want smooth motion blur)
  • Bit rate - since fast motion/high detail can cause the codec to break up
  • Length of shot - depends on production and pace of edit

Reactions: slim.slamma
It's just pretty, pretty, wide shots. I think they're going to be used as a video backdrop for my client's client's website - as in the client of my client. So the shots I'm talking about will be from above and a distance of maybe 100'. Enough to get an overall view. Basically, a nice flypast, showing everyone who their clients include.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EthanV875