Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FLIR VUE on X3?

Its only compatible with Go Pro! Unfortunately DJI again let us stand in the rain not releasing a FLIR within a year of product launch. DJI is too greedy they make nothing in the way that 3rd partys can produce parts for it anymore. Just look at the overprized batteries. Any drone in the world that uses a $ 200,- battery?

Reactions: Sideshow
Its only compatible with Go Pro! Unfortunately DJI again let us stand in the rain not releasing a FLIR within a year of product launch. DJI is too greedy they make nothing in the way that 3rd partys can produce parts for it anymore. Just look at the overprized batteries. Any drone in the world that uses a $ 200,- battery?

So can we presume you're selling your I1 and batteries and buying a different quad that uses the GoPro. Is this correct? o_O

No but if it continues like this the next drone in 1-2 years will probably not be from DJI. There are enough alternatives for the Phantom3 already but not for the Inspire.

The drone market starts to boom there are termendous new products and accessories. Every camera manufactorer now wants so make drone camera - but they do it for the Go Pro mounting system.

DJI has its own system and no one (can?) bring products for it. DJI wants that you must buy everything only from them. Its like Beta vs VHS in the 80s. Beta was much better BUT as Sony wanted to collect all the money themselves why far inferior JVC VHS system let in all others in their system who won?

I am seeing here the same now. DJI has still the best products BUT where is the FLIR cam? One year Inspire 1 and no cam? You soon get many of them for Go Pro mounting. Hasselblad is starting with drone cams and so are many others. Any Go Pro compatible drone will have plenty of accessories while the quality of drones of other manufactorers get equally to the Phantom3.

I cannot even get a high quality CP filter for the Inspire. (dont come with Polarpro i have enough of their bad quality)

I second SkyLab's comment. Y'all should really do some research but I'll save y'all some time:

1) You can not install a FLIR Vue on a X3 "Period".
2) If you did it would be too front heavy your gimbal motor will burn out.
3) Even though it says GoPro mount it only talks about the ring attachment that comes with it and aside from that it No Fit a gimbal designed for a GoPro housing mount.
4) As SkyL already stated you are better off building a Flir specific drone if you are planning on using this in a commercial environment.

FLIR_zpskoe7yhlj.jpg

Reactions: InspiredOne
Really? I hate when people say "period" like its the final say to the matter and no one can possibly contradict the point. But... It's not "period", it's your incorrect assumption. It can, will, and does fit on the I-1 with X3, and it is the Flir Vue, not a off brand. They're sold at

Anyone can just stick a fixed camera and analog transmitter on anything, there is nothing exceptional about it.
What would be, and what people are talking of hjere is for it to be on a gimbal that mounts in place of the X3 and offers the same performance and integration... and that isn't any close.

What you said was that "it can not be installed on the x3 version of the I-1". Not only does it install and work, (but I assumed it was coming), It does have a gimbal, it does move hand in hand with the daylight gimbal (if you want that option), and there are full length videos of it in flight at 20-minutes. You can also remotely switch from the X3 camera in daylight, to the Flir cameras (2-optional cameras, each with 3 lenses). The one with gimbal option mounts toward the rear as opposed to non-gimbal at front (see pic). Talk about doing research...! But I guess all you know it alls on your "period" need to change the tampon and take a better look around. 2-words Flir Inspire 1, top 5 search results at droneexperts.nl

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    495.7 KB · Views: 36
What are you 12? If I don't prove it, it's not true? It's YOUR argument, AGAIN, you said it CANNOT BE MOUNTED TO AN I-1 W/X3, the argument isn't about how well it works etc., but that it DOES in fact work with the X3, regardless of performance. You see the videos, you see the pictures, now you're just trying to be right due to your period. So if you don't buy it and prove it doesn't mount up/ work, your argument is flawed! Give me a break! You're wrong, just take it like a man.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop