Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flying drones in Japan

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm heading to a friend's wedding Tokyo and I want to offer as a gift some footage to the bride and groom.
Does any body have any idea where to start to get permission to do so?
When I did this in Panama City, the Panamanian CAA accepted my US credentials for getting permits to fly.
Somehow I imagine that if you launch a drone without permission in Tokyo a skynet terminator will appear ;)
any advice is appreciated.

I have about 6-7 months to get things lined up.

Hey guys,
I'm heading to a friend's wedding Tokyo and I want to offer as a gift some footage to the bride and groom.
Does any body have any idea where to start to get permission to do so?
When I did this in Panama City, the Panamanian CAA accepted my US credentials for getting permits to fly.
Somehow I imagine that if you launch a drone without permission in Tokyo a skynet terminator will appear ;)
any advice is appreciated.

I have about 6-7 months to get things lined up.
Flying a UAS in Japan is perfectly legal and surprisingly flying for commercial purposes needs no special certification.
The usual rules apply (which can be Googled) regarding stand off distances, flying over crowds, public parks/places etc.
If you wish to fly within Tokyo you will probably need to apply for a permissions permit (depending specifically where you intend to fly) which is not that difficult (although the forms are in Japanese) and return takes between 4-6 weeks depending on how busy they are handing out permits.

Reactions: niki
Flying a UAS in Japan is perfectly legal and and surprisingly flying for commercial purposes needs no special certification.
The usual rules apply (which can be Googled) regarding stand off distances, flying over crowds, public parks/places etc.
If you wish to fly within Tokyo you will probably need to apply for a permissions permit (depending specifically where you intend to fly) which is not that difficult (although the forms are in Japanese) and return takes between 4-6 weeks depending on how busy they are handing out permits.

You rock!!

Reactions: slim.slamma

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brainfraktured