Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flying drones in Spain

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a YouTube channel and I've recently purchased the Phantom Drone 3 4K, however I've seen that Spain are pretty hot on the collar when it comes to rules and regulations.

Could you tell me a little bit more about how you can use the drone in Spain? I wouldn't use it in busy areas, in fact I would go to beaches that are empty same with attractions.

Thanks all, happy flying!

I was flying from our villa in Ibiza over the water. No issues but definitely wouldn't be flying in cities. Also keeping far away from everyone's yachts except our own just to make sure you don't intrude other people's privacy. Otherwise no issues. I think the general rule of thumb is fly safe and be considerate of others. That way you minimize your chances of having issues. And I was flying an inspire Pro so I had to be extra careful. People might think a phantom is cute and fun but an inspire scare the **** out of some folks lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: James10
I was flying from our villa in Ibiza over the water. No issues but definitely wouldn't be flying in cities. Also keeping far away from everyone's yachts except our own just to make sure you don't intrude other people's privacy. Otherwise no issues. I think the general rule of thumb is fly safe and be considerate of others. That way you minimize your chances of having issues. And I was flying an inspire Pro so I had to be extra careful. People might think a phantom is cute and fun but an inspire scare the **** out of some folks lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Legend,

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking of just going out over the waters in the Costa del Sol and look towards the beach rather than being on the beach and going along it. Could you stay on a beach if was completely empty for example?

Really looking forward to giving this baby a whirl but I don't want to be slapped with a massive fine and a telling off from the Spanish police. Do you think it's worth possibly alerting nearby authorities letting them know I'm going to use it or would that be a bad idea?

Thanks!

The laws in spain regarding drones are confusing and they changed a few times so my information might be outdated:

The private use of a drone is allowed if the bird is < 2KG, flying in cities is forbidden in general. Comercial pilots need a AESA licence and drone and pilot need a registration.

The max height is 120m.

Plus all the usual things like not flying near airports, helipads etc...

Chris

Hi James, what part of Costa del Sol do you want to fly? here you can se the restricted areas in Spain IcarusRPA - SKYDRONEX - DRONEX ® , for a recreational use you just need to keep out of restricted areas, urban areas, people... you cant fly at night, higher than 120 meters or 500 meters apart from you, but a youtube channel with ads can be considered comercial use of the dron and then you need to be a approved drone operator to fly

Hi James, what part of Costa del Sol do you want to fly? here you can se the restricted areas in Spain IcarusRPA - SKYDRONEX - DRONEX ® , for a recreational use you just need to keep out of restricted areas, urban areas, people... you cant fly at night, higher than 120 meters or 500 meters apart from you, but a youtube channel with ads can be considered comercial use of the dron and then you need to be a approved drone operator to fly

Hi Jaime,

Resorts such as Benalmadena, Torremolinos, Estepona, Nerja, and Puerto Banus.

What if you don't put ads on the video? Also, what's the difference between all the classes?

Thanks!

Hi Jaime,

Resorts such as Benalmadena, Torremolinos, Estepona, Nerja, and Puerto Banus.

What if you don't put ads on the video? Also, what's the difference between all the classes?

Thanks!
The only place you can legally fly is Nerja, the others are in restricted airspace (yellow) and/or areas restricted to aerial photography/filming (green), in the yellow areas by now nobody can fly a dron, in the green areas you can ask for permision for filming, takes time and i´m not sure if you need to be a comercial operator... thats how its in Spain now since june 2014, a new law will come, but still all we have is this restrictive norm

The only place you can legally fly is Nerja, the others are in restricted airspace (yellow) and/or areas restricted to aerial photography/filming (green), in the yellow areas by now nobody can fly a dron, in the green areas you can ask for permision for filming, takes time and i´m not sure if you need to be a comercial operator... thats how its in Spain now since june 2014, a new law will come, but still all we have is this restrictive norm

Ah that's disappointing. Why are they so strict with their drone policy?

I understand how it works now, does this mean I can fly in Nerja without receiving any trouble as long as I abide by the obvious rules like not going over busy areas and not above 400 ft etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela