Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flying people now

Ha. I can die a happy man to fly on one of those!!!! That’s even better than those jet boards that are powered by jet skis.

That’s actually a jet board. I think it uses small jet engines for the lift. I’m guessing it’s flight time is severely limited.

Not a ‘drone’ per se. What makes a drone, a drone is it’s autonomous flight ability. Otherwise it’s just an RC flying vehicle (quad, hexa etc copter), to in this case a piloted vehicle. I wonder if that guy has a Sport pilot license.

That's incredible. Need to PRIME one of those ASAP! :D Guess I missed it in the coverage of the GP. Kinda weird SB Nation is the only one out there with any article on this. Did he have tower clearance from the airport that runs parallel to the straight?

Reactions: breyeilers
No time for a chute unless Rocket deployed. So that makes it a Splat... Life on the Edge.

BTW: Drone is just a term for the uneducated "drones" to pretend they know WTFlip they are talking about... RC is obviously Radio controlled flown for Hobby or sport, unmanned (UAS/UAV) RPAS is commercial RC without human on board.... No matter the level of "autonomy" or Automatic control.

Nothing in the specs/laws/technical data, on "Drones" being in any way autonomous, that's just mythological BS....

Add a living breathing human and it just becomes a microlight/ultralight/RA, with whatever legislation exists in any particular country.... (BTW I love taking the p!ss and stirring, don't take it personally, I am usually technically correct).

Jet/ multi/rocket board/pack would be killer fun. I Fly (real AC as well as RPAS), I Ride, I fish, I hunt, above all I live.

Kick some goals, that is my philosophy. lol.

Reactions: slim.slamma
This is the first time I've seen someone with the guts to fly it over land. All I've seen have been over water. You live longer that way. Incredible. Yes to a ballistic 'chute! That would help a lot. Get it deployed and full of air before you hit the ground. A difficult task at that altitude even with a ballistic 'chute.

First thing I thought of. I call em jet boots.

I’m curious about flight time myself and price tag.

I’d be so happy on that jet board, zoom, zoom zoom:cool:
I'd be interested in flight time too. Those small turbines are extremely fuel hungry. The fuel tank is in a backpack.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez