Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FPV Camera Roll WAY Off

Reaction score
Website
www.dallasdronepros.com
Is there any way to calibrate the FPV camera on the Inspire 2? My FPV camera looks straight up broken at times during flight. The roll gets so far off that the horizon goes through the top of the FPV screen frame. It will eventually smooth out if I hover but as soon as I fly again it just goes all over the place.

Anyone know how to calibrate the FPV camera only? If no one else has this issue, maybe mine has a lemon FPV gimbal.

Mine's not that bad, but still is crooked most of time. I don't think there's a way to straighten the horizon. Also, I wish we could get the fpv camera view in the hdmi goggle view instead of just the small pip.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mine's not that bad, but still is crooked most of time. I don't think there's a way to straighten the horizon. Also, I wish we could get the fpv camera view in the hdmi goggle view instead of just the small pip.

Can you not send the FPV feed out via the HDMI? If not that is a massive fail imho. That camera is there so you can fly the thing like your in a cockpit at the end of the day (although not UK legal i know).

It would be nice just to have the forward camera in the hdmi feed but all I get is a small pip view, only option is to move the pip to the 4 corners, not full screen. I think dji had the full screen for forward camera in the beta testing for I2, so maybe it's possible???

Yes, you're right of course, I just went to check on my I2, yet I'm sure I've found myself accidentally adjusting the FPV camera roll when I didn't intend to, so I'll have to see if I can do it again next time I fly...

Thanks for all the input. I flew again today and for whatever reason, it did much better. I did notice that the FPV roll axis rolls with the Inspire when it tilts in the air, just like FPV mode for the main camera gimbal.

the fpv cam is a first generation tryout for DJI and, as such, it's low res and the roll is somewhat limited in it's reaction. It'll be interesting to see if they've improved it at all in the M200 series.

I did initially wonder if the stabilisation on mine was working and from some testing on the ground, it works as you can watch the camera move, but it only takes out some of the roll. The limited action may be deliberate to convey some of the motion and roll to the pilot - you do have that little artificial horizon indicator in the middle of the FPV which does a good job of tracking the actuall amount of roll.

the fpv cam is a first generation tryout for DJI and, as such, it's low res and the roll is somewhat limited in it's reaction. It'll be interesting to see if they've improved it at all in the M200 series.

I did initially wonder if the stabilisation on mine was working and from some testing on the ground, it works as you can watch the camera move, but it only takes out some of the roll. The limited action may be deliberate to convey some of the motion and roll to the pilot - you do have that little artificial horizon indicator in the middle of the FPV which does a good job of tracking the actuall amount of roll.
I believe this is intentional as a perfectly stabilised and level fpv camera feed gives no visual feedback to a pilot as to aircraft attitude.
Level visuals are not as important to an operator as they are to a camera op and actually a rolling FPV camera along with artificial horizon is actually more intuitive to fly.

Can you not send the FPV feed out via the HDMI? If not that is a massive fail imho. That camera is there so you can fly the thing like your in a cockpit at the end of the day (although not UK legal i know).

No it does not send out the signal over HDMI except as a small Picture in picture without the ability to go full screen! I bought the drone and fpv goggles and was disappointed when I could not get the FPV camera to show via FPV goggles! Confirmed with DJI! Hopefully this can be fixed in a firmware update as I need the ability to fly the drone with the built in camera while the x5s camera operator does the filming. With the current setup that is impossible and impractical!

Please Dji, add FPV camera by hdmi output like before last update. I bought I2 for that.

Please add a calibration function to level the fpv camera horizontally.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fina
how do i turn off the FPV i dont need it on my screen im kinda lazy to dig through the manual....thanks in advance.

use two fingers and pinch the FPV display from one corner to the opposite. it will shrink to a small box in bottom of screen. Before it had a size change icon but its been removed in latest version of DJI GO 4

sorry but no... its been an issue since we first got the I2 and many complaints if your filing over snow or water. I did see someone got some ND filter and cut one to fit over the lens and used a small amount of telco so it was easily removed

sorry but no... its been an issue since we first got the I2 and many complaints if your filing over snow or water. I did see someone got some ND filter and cut one to fit over the lens and used a small amount of telco so it was easily removed

Thanks. I was thinking of cutting a small ND gel for the FPV camera, but that seemed initially ridiculous ... maybe not!

I hate bumping an old thread but i still cant figure this out. replaced the FPV on a project craft im working on and its still tilted. I had a bad fpv (or so i thought) and even after a BRAND NEW unit was installed, still slanted the sale way.

Is there some sort of secret calibration tool for this fpv thing. Upon start up my fpv is just slanted to one side. (rotated clockwise to max position upon start up if looking through the camera).

My other inspire 2 has no issues and the fpv is level upon start up.

Can anyone shed any light on this issue ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe123