Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FPV Camera terrible resolution or Calibration issue?

Reaction score
I am using a new IPad Pro 10.5 piloting Inspire 2. I find thr FPV image is very bad, is there a calibration screen that may help get a better picture? It's not fair the pilot gets terrible image while camera mans image is fantastic? Hoping I am missing something in settings. Thoughts?

I am using a new IPad Pro 10.5 piloting Inspire 2. I find thr FPV image is very bad, is there a calibration screen that may help get a better picture? It's not fair the pilot gets terrible image while camera mans image is fantastic? Hoping I am missing something in settings. Thoughts?

There are no adjustments available for the FPV camera except for making it a bit larger.

I have to say, am I missing something with this inspire 2. The pilot, the person who navigates the airframe has a (blurry/pixelated) screen? What kind of thinking is this? Where we fly there are many trees structures etc....
We want depth of field shots and to achieve this we have to fly near objects, what good is a drone that streams a pixelated image for the pilot? Please educate me. Am I missing something?
My camera man has a view to die for.

I have to say, am I missing something with this inspire 2. The pilot, the person who navigates the airframe has a (blurry/pixelated) screen? What kind of thinking is this? Where we fly there are many trees structures etc....
We want depth of field shots and to achieve this we have to fly near objects, what good is a drone that streams a pixelated image for the pilot? Please educate me. Am I missing something?

Can you show an example of where you fly and what you are doing?

The FPV camera is very low resolution, 640x480 - this has been covered before.
Using the search function will bring up the relevant threads.
FPV camera question

FPV cameras are usually lower resolution as that helps in latency (delays caused during transmission).

Many top FPV racers use the RunCam system which has until very recently been mostly 640x480. They do amazing stuff with it, so it has to be sufficient (check out Rotor Riot on YouTube).

That said, i would love to know if anyone has tried streaming the FPV view to a pair of FPV goggles (using the HDMI out) and using the iPad on the zenmuse for framing the shot. Does that work? Or does the HDMI output only the zenmuse image?

FPV cameras are usually lower resolution as that helps in latency (delays caused during transmission).

Many top FPV racers use the RunCam system which has until very recently been mostly 640x480. They do amazing stuff with it, so it has to be sufficient (check out Rotor Riot on YouTube).

That said, i would love to know if anyone has tried streaming the FPV view to a pair of FPV goggles (using the HDMI out) and using the iPad on the zenmuse for framing the shot. Does that work? Or does the HDMI output only the zenmuse image?
I have a pair of fat shark attitude version 2 I could check and let you know if this is possible. I will try later to day if I get a chance.

Reactions: leonzhu
There must be something wrong here. I, the pilot, have the same wonderful camera view on my ipad monitor that the camera person has on their ipad monitor.

I'm sure inspire2 v2.0 will have a much better pilot camera. And hopefully us i2v1.0 will be able to pay our hard earned money for the upgrade???

I would certainly pay for my dji authorized repair shop to install an upgrade. U know what they say. Wish in one hand.

They could have used the very similar looking camera they have on the Spark, and the quality would have been significantly better, but there may be other considerations we're not aware of having to do with image transmission, etc. Maybe they'll do that for an upcoming "Inspire 2 Pro" or something like that...the current FPV camera is pretty disappointing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84