Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Frustrated with my RC and USB

Reaction score
Well I just got my Inspire the other day from B&H. Battery worked, no issues, but Im pretty sure I have a bad USB port. I have used the search and read everything I can find on both this forum and the DJI forum.

I think I'm going to have to send at least the controler back to B&H for a replacement. I updated the firmware on the AC but I was unable to connect the RC to the GO app, it just sits on how to connect. I tried to update with multiple USB formatted drives and the Micro USB card. The RC is green, the AC blinking Yellow. I tried Firmware 9.01.30 and 8.01.00, both loaded onto the AC, but nothing would load on the RC. Using an android/Note5 with debugging and MTP.

I can control the gimbal and was even able take video. Any last tips before I contact B&H?

Well I just got my Inspire the other day from B&H. Battery worked, no issues, but Im pretty sure I have a bad USB port. I have used the search and read everything I can find on both this forum and the DJI forum.

I think I'm going to have to send at least the controler back to B&H for a replacement. I updated the firmware on the AC but I was unable to connect the RC to the GO app, it just sits on how to connect. I tried to update with multiple USB formatted drives and the Micro USB card. The RC is green, the AC blinking Yellow. I tried Firmware 9.01.30 and 8.01.00, both loaded onto the AC, but nothing would load on the RC. Using an android/Note5 with debugging and MTP.

I can control the gimbal and was even able take video. Any last tips before I contact B&H?
The method of updating the RC has changed and no longer uses the USB port. You need to power up your RC and run the GO App 2.8.4 (latest) and ensure that your tablet is connected to the internet. Open the Status by tapping the top right icon and the top line will advise you whether an update is available. You then download it to the tablet and then use the tablet to install it to the RC.

Like I said earlier in the post, the rc is unable to connect with the dji go app or I would have used that method to update.

Nope she's brand new from B&H not even a maiden voyage. I couldn't ever connect to the app, which is what makes me think the USB is dead.

I have enormous trouble with the supplied USB cables they are all faulty as soon as I plug in another brand cable my remotes connect to my tablets.
I have no idea why as I can charge with them fine but they wont connect the remotes to the tablets... so try a different USB cable some have longer connection sections so they seem to seat better into the tablet...

Hello all. I have the very same issue. Brand new Inspire 1 from B&H. I've tried 3 different lighting cables, all of which are genuine Apple cables with no success. The GO app consistently stays on the "how to connect" screen. The RC Will control the gimbal up-down, but the "Camera" option never becomes available in the GO app.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated

I use Samsung Tablets as I only had an older iPad mini & it was a nightmare connecting & so much lag it was unsafe to fly with, so if possible try with another brand device first just to see if the controller & USB port are working. Does the Controller charge the device but not connect? (this is what the DJI cables do to my Samsung devices) or is there no connection at all?

There's no connection at all. No charging or power in any way. I've already started the exchange process with B&H.

Mine will charge but not connect. Tried with a couple other android phones as well. No apple products to try with.

ye
Started the process to send it in to replace/fix through B&H. Hope this fixes it.
I had the same issue with a controller and I had to replace.
But cables are for me a continuous nightmare.... sometimes they work sometimes not, with some devices it's ok but in another session not.... very frustrating situation

I am up and running now that I got the HMDI/USB fixed. Excited to do some flights!

I still have problems with various cable/tablet combinations so I have to keep them bundled together so I know they will work on the day.
keep us informed if yours now works with every cable & device please, so I can try to decide if mine is a compatibility issue or fault.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko