Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Garmin GLO Portable GPS and GLONASS Receiver

Hi,
New to this forum and to the drone industry I'd like to hear if anybody has experience with this setup:

1: iPad Air WIFI only.
2: Connect a bluetooth device like the mobile Garmin GLO to the iPad

Will that work properly with the Inspire 1?

Amazon.com: Garmin GLO Portable GPS and GLONASS Receiver with Vehicle Power Cable: Electronics
Welcome to the forum.
What is it exactly you are trying to achieve since both the Inspire 1 and the transmitter have GPS receivers built into them?

Thank you The Editor! I'd like to load software on the the iPad like fx DJI Go, Sentera etc. to link up with the Camera. But as my iPad has no GPS I need a GPS receiver like Garmin, no?

Ok, I think I got it. The DJI Lightbridge takes care of flight and video link, and any external software will have to "speak" through the lightbridge. The iPad is just a passive monitor. Correct?

BTW: I seem only to be able to post replies through my browser (iOS). When I use the inspirepilot app it gives me an error, says I'm "spam" and should contact an administrator?

External GPS device that will bluetooth to iPad will give you GPS on controller

I am using (from Amazon)

Dual Electronics XGPS150A Universal Bluetooth GPS Receiver for Portable Devices

External GPS device that will bluetooth to iPad will give you GPS on controller

I am using (from Amazon)

Dual Electronics XGPS150A Universal Bluetooth GPS Receiver for Portable Devices

Thx Mike, that's what I thought.
However, if DJI Lightbridge already provides GPS link for route-planning and the follow-me function, then why would I need an external GPS/GLONASS unit to keep the iPad "in the loop" ?
My conundrum is not knowing if third party software communicates with the software in the remote, or will have to "run through" the iPad, thus demanding GPS service from iOS.

Sorry for my ignorance, but I'm trying to learn.

Checked this PM. External GPS not required for dynamic controller home point or home lock. Follow mode will not work without GPS signal. If you provide external GPS to iOS device, GPS data should be available to other apps. Newer iPhone or cellular iPad have GPS and barometer.

Reactions: DronePilotOne
Checked this PM. External GPS not required for dynamic controller home point or home lock. Follow mode will not work without GPS signal. If you provide external GPS to iOS device, GPS data should be available to other apps. Newer iPhone or cellular iPad have GPS and barometer.

Thank you Mike! I really appreciate your advice. Fly safely!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool