Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Geofence rectangle instead of radius

Reaction score
Hi folks.
Is it possible to geofence an Inspire 2 to a rectangular or user defined shape rather than a simple radius/height option.
Thanks in advance for advice

There is not anything that I am aware of that is readily available to geofence as you've mentioned. From a fully restricted NFZ I have seen DJI be able to unlock a rectangular area allowing flight in a designated area within the NFZ. This application was for demo use in a large cage on airport grounds.

Not sure of a way to geofence in the opposite manner. I'm curious, would you mind sharing what the use case is that you are looking to geofence for?

Reactions: slim.slamma
Not sure of a way to geofence in the opposite manner. I'm curious, would you mind sharing what the use case is that you are looking to geofence for?

I’m inquisitive myself.

B&H has a cage inside their store that’s used for consumer test flights.
I have seen DJI be able to unlock a rectangular area allowing flight in a designated area within the NFZ.

You being a vendor, B&H might be willing share how they do it.

It is a requirement to operate at a sensitive site. While the radius/height option will work, it is not so convenient for the proposed flight paths

Aircraft can still fly into the side of the cage and can also fly outside of the cage....also there is no GPS indoors to assist with geofencing.

Aahhhhh the light bulb finally popped on for me. Obstacle avoidance.

I guess in the end, the keyword was Geofence;)

My bad fellows:)

Reactions: Advexure
We are not interested in a cage.
Just setting a defined area and height that the drone can not leave.
Just like the max distance and height function in DJI go 4 but being able to make it a rectangle

Reactions: Advexure
Hi folks.
Is it possible to geofence an Inspire 2 to a rectangular or user defined shape rather than a simple radius/height option.
Thanks in advance for advice

GS Pro not only allows you to set up a rectangle, it allows you to set a polygon. I've not tested GS Pro Geofence, but I just built a 5-sided polygon geofence in < 10 seconds. It also allows you to set max altitude and max velocity. I see this as a perfect training tool. That said...

Some of these other suggestions are pretty hilarious.

Yep, GS Pro Virtual Fence is the place to go. Just be careful when landing particularly if you have been operating at low set speeds as it can come down a bit quick. Good luck.

Yep, GS Pro Virtual Fence is the place to go. Just be careful when landing particularly if you have been operating at low set speeds as it can come down a bit quick. Good luck.
I should have stated polygon vice rectangle. Also note that if you are flying towards the polygon boundary that aero braking may be pretty aggressive. The gains seem quite different in GSPro compared to Go4. In any event the geofence worked quite well in my flying with different DJI platforms.

@Flying High 1 yes there is an app which supports polygon 3D geo fences that are easily configured and flown. The app is drone harmony and has a great easy to use interactive virtual reality graphical user interface. There are a few YouTube videos but just go to their website as it is a very well designed way of creating fly and no fly zones st a work site. They also have many different flight profile missions readily available for use and download onto your specific location.

DJI GS Pro allows for you to build a rectangular geofence.
Yes I looked into this but it had two problems
1. Flying with a cameraman on iPad mini 4's. The camera iPad was not receiving video picture
2. There is a speed limit in the geofence that can not be above a certain speed (can not recall the amount but it was not fast enough for our project)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide