Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Getting a 4 months old Inspire 1 V2.What am I looking for?

Reaction score
Website
www.camflyfilms.co.uk
Hi guys, I am going to trade my P4 for a 3/4 months old I1V2 next week. I know nothing about the inspire (Except a short piloting experience recently)
What am I looking for when I will see it for the first time? I heard about military fiber carbon rods vs Checked FC rods,what should it be? Also, I guess it should have QR props, a plate for the X5... newest engines, how to recognise them? I see also models BCD etc... I don't want to be the idiot getting an old shelf machine and realising too late.
I am expecting to get the latest version. Could you tell me what to check, What would be a deal breaker? It is described as "as new" but is there any areas I should pay attention to?
Many thanks.

Hi guys, I am going to trade my P4 for a 3/4 months old I1V2 next week. I know nothing about the inspire (Except a short piloting experience recently)
What am I looking for when I will see it for the first time? I heard about military fiber carbon rods vs Checked FC rods,what should it be? Also, I guess it should have QR props, a plate for the X5... newest engines, how to recognise them? I see also models BCD etc... I don't want to be the idiot getting an old shelf machine and realising too late.
I am expecting to get the latest version. Could you tell me what to check, What would be a deal breaker? It is described as "as new" but is there any areas I should pay attention to?
Many thanks.
It took me about 3 years observing DJI's technology development and 3 months of detailed research before I purchased my Inspire ...

Only material difference is the camera (X3 vs X5) - carbon weave differences are irrelevant. Newer motors and bigger mount plate were introduced for the heavier X5, but the original motor setup works fine with the larger mounting plate installed.

Really what you sound concerned with is a V1 or V2. I have both and notice not a thing different between them. But V2's will have 3510H motors on them and it will say that on the end bell. They also should have leg raisers, but you'll notice this more from the back. Finally it should have the newer X5 gimbal plate, which protrudes out farther. If I remember later, I'll take pictures of both so you know and anyone else that cares.

Really what you sound concerned with is a V1 or V2. I have both and notice not a thing different between them. But V2's will have 3510H motors on them and it will say that on the end bell. They also should have leg raisers, but you'll notice this more from the back. Finally it should have the newer X5 gimbal plate, which protrudes out farther. If I remember later, I'll take pictures of both so you know and anyone else that cares.
Yes please. Thanks.

Ok sorry it took a bit. Here are some pictures.

723e5b4872f02208b38c43c2d5fce466.jpg

Legs are raised for the bigger X5 camera. Pro (same as V2) in the background, I1 (V1) in the foreground. These can be bought as there isn't much to them.

2a6935179faa4fe7a0c5a2358de664e9.jpg

Better picture. Really just a little cup that the original foot sits in to raise the leg

646757c64198641d0f09d2dae80a3978.jpg

Original gimbal mount for the X3. Its smaller and more streamlined into the body.

158664a400de80a7e9c1f86e7a70152a.jpg

This is the X5 mount found on all Pros and V2s. This works with both the X3 and X5. Far bigger and it was likely done to distribute the weight of the X5R. This can be bought and retrofitted on a V1.

b02bea8d935b307c3197f9ada73a8b03.jpg

Motors are different. 3510H are Pro and V2 motors. They are clearly marked and have Chinese scribbled on them as well. Stock motors are to the left and don't mention any numbers. I have a prototype Inspire, so the motors on the right are what that one came with. Screw one props only!

1a6561bb45caf8109784bcf8eb87ff88.jpg

Closer view

9437c22044c9192d02d138a837f0d193.jpg

Not much different from a distant glance. Both are great machines and will do more than any normal prosumer needs of them.

Let me know if you have any questions or want closer or better pictures of a specific area.

Reactions: sergekouper
Thanks for all the details and the photos. Great job and sorry to answer only now. I received it and tried it a little and it flies well, no comment on that. I still have to double check jello and vibration level but I have not noticed anything from the video. It states to be a V2 (T601) on the plate, but I don't have the raisers and the carbon fibre arms have the simple pattern. not the military type one.
X5 plate is there, everything seems alright and newish but the seat mechanism on the H3510 shows some wear that makes me suspecting something is hidden in its history. I don't know the inspires enough to be sure of anything. I think this is what you get when you bought second hand.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the details and the photos. Great job and sorry to answer only now. I received it and tried it a little and it flies well, no comment on that. I still have to double check jello and vibration level but I have not noticed anything from the video. It states to be a V2 (T601) on the plate, but I don't have the raisers and the carbon fibre arms have the simple pattern. not the military type one.
X5 plate is there, everything seems alright and newish but the seat mechanism on the H3510 shows some wear that makes me suspecting something is hidden in its history. I don't know the inspires enough to be sure of anything. I think this is what you get when you bought second hand.

If it flies good and everything operates as it should I wouldn't worry about second hand. They may have taken the raisers off if they were using the X3 or something. Prop mounts are going to likely look like that if props were taken on and off multiple times. The new new ones did go back to the traditional weave carbon fiber arms so that's not all that surprising. It's tough to keep up with all the changes.

Reactions: Jim Weist
It took me about 3 years observing DJI's technology development and 3 months of detailed research before I purchased my Inspire ...

...and? It's not exactly a million dollar investment, and it's a pretty proven and reliable solution. Why would he need literal years of research in order to buy one?

@OP: Don't worry too much about buying used as long as it flies well and everything looks good (arms, props, camera, etc.)

...and? It's not exactly a million dollar investment, and it's a pretty proven and reliable solution. Why would he need literal years of research in order to buy one?
Well, the answer is simple: before DJI products in this category reached the reliability, functionality and image quality acceptable by my standards, they went through all kind of flying machines. Just like in the history of aviation industry, from primitive bi-planes to a space shuttle. Phantom 3 Pro get my attention, Inspire with X3 almost passed my elevated expectations, but only X5 concept several months later convinced me to invest money.

And, oh ... one last thing. With 150G year income I wouldn't bother much about research or market analysis ... Look, a new toy! Just order online, pay with credit card and play with it for a week or two, right :)? Not my case, unfortunately :(.

Well, the answer is simple: before DJI products in this category reached the reliability, functionality and image quality acceptable by my standards, they went through all kind of flying machines. Just like in the history of aviation industry, from primitive bi-planes to a space shuttle. Phantom 3 Pro get my attention, Inspire with X3 almost passed my elevated expectations, but only X5 concept several months later convinced me to invest money.

And, oh ... one last thing. With 150G year income I wouldn't bother much about research or market analysis ... Look, a new toy! Just order online, pay with credit card and play with it for a week or two, right :)? Not my case, unfortunately :(.

I see your point! I didn't mean to say the inspire is cheap, not at all! For me it was quite the investment as well...
What I meant to say is just that at the current state of the market, you (luckily) don't need tons of research anymore to see how the inspire is a good solution for most people who want more than just a Phantom. that's what I meant when writing that your post (probably) doesn't apply too much to the current situation. Sorry if that came off too harsh!

Reactions: Jim Weist
I see your point! I didn't mean to say the inspire is cheap, not at all! For me it was quite the investment as well...
What I meant to say is just that at the current state of the market, you (luckily) don't need tons of research anymore to see how the inspire is a good solution for most people who want more than just a Phantom. that's what I meant when writing that your post (probably) doesn't apply too much to the current situation. Sorry if that came off too harsh!
Apologies taken :)! No hard feeling whatsoever, just misunderstanding. BTW my "ancient" purchasing strategy is still valid. For now I'm sort of fascinated by potential capabilities of affordable 3-D printing, but not by the results today's consumer market is offering. You can print a demo, a visual representation of the concept, not a working piece of machinery. For this I must wait until technology progresses ... Case closed :)!

Ok sorry it took a bit. Here are some pictures.

723e5b4872f02208b38c43c2d5fce466.jpg

Legs are raised for the bigger X5 camera. Pro (same as V2) in the background, I1 (V1) in the foreground. These can be bought as there isn't much to them.

2a6935179faa4fe7a0c5a2358de664e9.jpg

Better picture. Really just a little cup that the original foot sits in to raise the leg

646757c64198641d0f09d2dae80a3978.jpg

Original gimbal mount for the X3. Its smaller and more streamlined into the body.

158664a400de80a7e9c1f86e7a70152a.jpg

This is the X5 mount found on all Pros and V2s. This works with both the X3 and X5. Far bigger and it was likely done to distribute the weight of the X5R. This can be bought and retrofitted on a V1.

b02bea8d935b307c3197f9ada73a8b03.jpg

Motors are different. 3510H are Pro and V2 motors. They are clearly marked and have Chinese scribbled on them as well. Stock motors are to the left and don't mention any numbers. I have a prototype Inspire, so the motors on the right are what that one came with. Screw one props only!

1a6561bb45caf8109784bcf8eb87ff88.jpg

Closer view

9437c22044c9192d02d138a837f0d193.jpg

Not much different from a distant glance. Both are great machines and will do more than any normal prosumer needs of them.

Let me know if you have any questions or want closer or better pictures of a specific area.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips