Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Getting Latitude, Longitude info while in-flight

Reaction score
Quick question

Is there a way to view your drone's current lat/long position while it is in the air. I volunteer with search and rescue and wondered if, say for example your drone spots the missing person etc and can hover directly above them, can you find that lat/long coordinate to pass onto to rescue teams without leaving the flight app and going to the flight log/records files?

Quick question

Is there a way to view your drone's current lat/long position while it is in the air. I volunteer with search and rescue and wondered if, say for example your drone spots the missing person etc and can hover directly above them, can you find that lat/long coordinate to pass onto to rescue teams without leaving the flight app and going to the flight log/records files?
You do not state which aircraft you are talking about.
Most questions have been covered previously and simply doing a search on the forum will bring up answers.
Both Auto Pilot and Litchi will do what you require.

You do not state which aircraft you are talking about.
Most questions have been covered previously and simply doing a search on the forum will bring up answers.
Both Auto Pilot and Litchi will do what you require.
For your information I did do a search and nothing came up. I'm using Inspire 2 with CrystalSky Ultra Bright Monitor and unless I'm mistaken, the drawback of that is that you cannot use any other third party apps with that monitor

For your information I did do a search and nothing came up. I'm using Inspire 2 with CrystalSky Ultra Bright Monitor and unless I'm mistaken, the drawback of that is that you cannot use any other third party apps with that monitor
Which is why I mentioned that you didn't state what aircraft you were operating nor did you post in the Inspire 2 section.
You're correct - CS will not allow 3rd party apps.

Thread moved to correct section.

Hi geraberl,

There is no quick, strait forward way to get the coordinates of the drone using the DJI app while in flight. However, it is possible to do with a few extra steps. Please see the short tutorial video below:

Reactions: Jeff48

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84