Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Getting Ripped Off

Reaction score
So, I made a purchase of the Inspire 2 Cinema Package on Amazon last week.

The seller I'm dealing with is eDigitalUSA. I believe them to be completely fraudulent. I placed the order thru Amazon and the transaction went thru quick and no problem. Was supposed to arrive that Thursday but received an email saying it had been changed to Friday. I paid a lot of money for Thursday delivery so was not happy but whatever. Thursday arrives it hasn't shipped and can't reach seller. Called them dozens of times and so did Amazon.

Friday nothing has shipped. Amazon finally reached them. The woman said there was no one there and nothing she could do until Monday. So, Monday she did call back and said it was going out next day air so sorry and they were refunding my shipping plus $100. But the batteries were in a separate shipment because they couldn't go together. Huh? Sounds fishy.

They did not ship it next day but 2nd day. Today received 2 packages. The Z7 camera, CineSSD station, extra RC, 1 - a total of 1 - 7.85 CrystalSky. Focus wheel, stand, and lens kit. In the Inspire box itself was 1 RC and only 2 batteries. Just 2 batteries. There are slots for 4.

I'm missing a CrystalSky, ALL of the 480 SSD drives, and the charging hub for the RC batteries.

Also, the Inspire 2 seems to be a European version. The Manual is labeled LC3 which from a Google search shows a European connection. It also shows LC3 packages at places like Adorama for around $5,000.

I really feel ripped off.

I've had many conversations with Amazon Concierge. They have filed an A-Z complaint against the seller. Have tried to reach the seller by phone with no luck.

This is my worst Amazon buying experience ever.

They have my money and I have an unusable drone since I have no SSD and can't shoot ProRES or CineDNG.

Beware of this seller.

Man, I'm so depressed.

So sorry to hear about your experience. It seems the higher capacity CineSSDs are out of stock everywhere, including DJI. It's absolutely a scam for this company to advertise a package knowing they don't have all the parts for it. You should talk to your credit card company and get ready to do a charge-back against this dishonest transaction.

Just to be fair, the battery issue might have something to do with shipping regulation of lithium batteries. I ordered mine from B&H and the extra batteries came via ground separately from the rest. There were only two batteries in the I2 box (though I don't understand why these 2 could be shipped via air).

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Very sorry to hear about this experience, it sounds like you're down the right track with the A-Z claim although it's a complete pain to have to waste that kind of time. Needless to say you have professional equipment that is unusable. When it comes to the cinema packages and the way DJI ships different combos from the factory it would be very easy for a big box Amazon seller to overlook detail in DJI components and the way they may order and the way DJI may fill a kit they order as a combo, individually or vice versa to achieve the package they advertise to end users.

Assuming a proper resolution with Amazon, if there are components you are still in need of to complete the setup don't hesitate to reach out. We heavily stock the entire DJI cinema/pro line and would have all sizes of SSDs, CrystalSkys, charging hubs, etc. for immediate shipment. Don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of any assistance. Hopefully things are resolved shortly. Cheers!

Very sorry to hear about this experience, it sounds like you're down the right track with the A-Z claim although it's a complete pain to have to waste that kind of time. Needless to say you have professional equipment that is unusable. When it comes to the cinema packages and the way DJI ships different combos from the factory it would be very easy for a big box Amazon seller to overlook detail in DJI components and the way they may order and the way DJI may fill a kit they order as a combo, individually or vice versa to achieve the package they advertise to end users.

Assuming a proper resolution with Amazon, if there are components you are still in need of to complete the setup don't hesitate to reach out. We heavily stock the entire DJI cinema/pro line and would have all sizes of SSDs, CrystalSkys, charging hubs, etc. for immediate shipment. Don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of any assistance. Hopefully things are resolved shortly. Cheers!
Thanks. Much appreciated.

Reactions: Advexure
Next time i highly recommend you don't go with the lowest price, and instead order from Advexture or Florida Drone Supply. They are both great to work with and focus on customer satisfactions.
It wasn't the lowest price. It was the same price as the DJI Store.

Once again, can I please draw people's attention to our community rules regarding disputes with vendors:

Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes

This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.

Thank You

Once again, can I please draw people's attention to our community rules regarding disputes with vendors:

This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.

Thank You
I knew that was coming. Second complaint I’ve heard about that company in a week on here which is kinda surprising.

Next time i highly recommend you don't go with the lowest price, and instead order from Advexture or Florida Drone Supply. They are both great to work with and focus on customer satisfactions.

I can vouch for Michael over at Florida Drone Supply. I have never had any issue with my transactions with them. Ironically I was going to buy my Inspire 1 from eDigitalUSA years ago but their responses to my emails always seemed a bit too vague so I didn't bother.

Amazon will make it right.. And start using Advexture :) top notch folks !

Sorry to hear that and I just had a similar experience with another company that I won’t name as we aren’t supposed to be doing anything like that here. But what I would like to say is I have dealt with Florida Drone Supply many times and both Michael and Jim are eager to make sure you are treated fairly.

Make sure to buy through an authorized dealer. Otherwise the warranty is no good.

I’m surprised to hear that Amazon doesn’t enforce a basic money back guarantee like eBay does. I just had to make use of eBay’s policy against a seller who tried to pawn a defective Falcore drone off on me using his “no returns accepted” policy. Well, with eBay, that doesn’t fly, no matter WHAT the seller states as a return policy. The return is in process and if the seller doesn’t refund my money, eBay has made it clear that THEY will and then bill the seller.

Amazon Does , Just gatta make a phone call. :)
Good! I’m glad he’s covered... such a bummer to get ripped off. eBay will refund if the merchandise is defective (not the issue here) or is not as described (which seems to be the issue). It’s time to box it up and send it back, a colossal waste of time, but at least they’ll make you whole.

Reactions: Pixar
So, I made a purchase of the Inspire 2 Cinema Package on Amazon last week.

The seller I'm dealing with is eDigitalUSA. I believe them to be completely fraudulent. I placed the order thru Amazon and the transaction went thru quick and no problem. Was supposed to arrive that Thursday but received an email saying it had been changed to Friday. I paid a lot of money for Thursday delivery so was not happy but whatever. Thursday arrives it hasn't shipped and can't reach seller. Called them dozens of times and so did Amazon.

Friday nothing has shipped. Amazon finally reached them. The woman said there was no one there and nothing she could do until Monday. So, Monday she did call back and said it was going out next day air so sorry and they were refunding my shipping plus $100. But the batteries were in a separate shipment because they couldn't go together. Huh? Sounds fishy.

They did not ship it next day but 2nd day. Today received 2 packages. The Z7 camera, CineSSD station, extra RC, 1 - a total of 1 - 7.85 CrystalSky. Focus wheel, stand, and lens kit. In the Inspire box itself was 1 RC and only 2 batteries. Just 2 batteries. There are slots for 4.

I'm missing a CrystalSky, ALL of the 480 SSD drives, and the charging hub for the RC batteries.

Also, the Inspire 2 seems to be a European version. The Manual is labeled LC3 which from a Google search shows a European connection. It also shows LC3 packages at places like Adorama for around $5,000.

I really feel ripped off.

I've had many conversations with Amazon Concierge. They have filed an A-Z complaint against the seller. Have tried to reach the seller by phone with no luck.

This is my worst Amazon buying experience ever.

They have my money and I have an unusable drone since I have no SSD and can't shoot ProRES or CineDNG.

Beware of this seller.

Man, I'm so depressed.

Really sorry to hear about this, Matt. What a drag. I hope you get this settled. If you don't mind, I'd like to pick your brain a little bit.

I employ a 3-level security protocol to prevent myself from getting ripped off via online purchases. I've been using eBay for 12 years, but have recently started using Amazon. My GF has been using Amazon almost since they started over 20 years ago. I've had an Amazon account for years, but only recently started utilizing it for some purchases.

Before eBay acquired Paypal, Paypal was level 2 of my 3-level protocol. But because they are no longer two separate entities, my 3-level protocol has been reduced to 2 levels. My "big gun" if you will, is my credit card. Where eBay and Paypal failed to protect me (in the old days - I concede that they are better now), my credit card had always been in my corner 100% of the time. All that said...

My question is twofold:

1) Did you fund your purchase with a credit card?

2) If you did, is there a reason why you haven't gone to your credit card company for a refund?

Thanx for sharing your experience.

Reactions: DavidK

Thank You
I Tend to disagree with you here, this is a gripe somewhat but I actually take it as a warning to all of us members to be aware of this dodgy dealer and hopefully we can avoid any dealings with them, don't be so quick to judge this is a perfectly legitimate post from my perspective

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84