Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Getting slight vibrations

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

So I have been getting these slight vibrations in my video recently, only if I am yawing by circling something or panning the gimbal left or right when moving.

I tightened inside the arms and purchased new props to rule out those 2 things and I use correct ND's also but just seems weird I am getting this now.

I am hoping it's just a gimbal issue and I can replace this and not a craft issue...

Anyone had this issue and got any other ideas to troubleshoot?

Check if the props are balanced, also the gimbal/camera...

Chris

Purchased new props to rule that out....Did a gimbal calibration also??

Even the new DJI props need to be balanced, the ones I purchased so far had at least 2 out of four which needed some sanding.

If you switch your inspire off and the camera / gimbal flips down on 1 side then you have to attach some weight to balance it.

Check this video out:

Even if it is not the source of your vibrations the gimbal motors will thank you :)

Chris

Most rotorcraft have a natural harmonic, Bell H1 Huey's were notorious for a 1:1 harmonic thump that shook the hell out of things. Most crew chiefs were able to reduce the vibration to a minimum, but and out of phase rotor balance would shake it apart. That aid I have no idea what natural harmonic an Inspire has, but I recon that 4 two blades props creates an unusual phenomena, and when you yaw the aircraft it could easily exacerbate the affect.

I've seen heli's literally shaken into pieces, fortunately only on instruction videos.

The only good vibrations are good, good, good, good vibrations! BB's knew what they were singing about :)

You need a prop balancer and you need to balance your props.
Good advice, however, the standard DJI props (for the P series as well) are almost perfect. At least, none of my blades ever needed extreme balancing. I could improve just so little.
It shouldn't be that of an issue with original blades and smooth running motors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccalegalfirm