Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

"Gimbal disconnected" fault

Reaction score
But everything works ok? It flies and records just fine. No problems. Is there truly an issue? I can pan and tilt using the RC. Logic says I am connected to the gimbal. Why the red fault on the aircraft status screen?

But everything works ok? It flies and records just fine. No problems. Is there truly an issue? I can pan and tilt using the RC. Logic says I am connected to the gimbal. Why the red fault on the aircraft status screen?
You do not say what camera you are using.
Have you tried searching the forum for similar posts?
There is already a lot of info regarding this problem and things to check to rectify the issue such as gimbal mounting plate and pins, tightness of mounting plate, alignment and cleanliness of pins etc.

My Inspire 1 Pro had a gimbal disconnect showing (and no transmission, and also suggesting no SD card - which was in place). I noticed the lens lock was not in the locked position, locked it, and the issues were all cleared.

My bad. I have the X3 standard camera. I’ve checked everything I can think of and checked your suggestions. Still get the message but everything works ok.

I haven’t tried the search option.... again, my apologies. I was trying to start some conversations here in the I1 forum.

I was hoping it was something stupid, simple, and easy that I was doing wrong. I try to research issues using forums and manuals before contacting the local dealer. That usually corrects the situation long before you need to involve the dealer and you learn a lot more.

I’ll try a few searches and see if that turns up anything.

I was hoping to spark up a few good conversations here as the I1 forum seems a bit quiet especially compared to the I2.

I've experienced this frustrating problem and feel your frustration even now. Even though all works well you're uneasy with any error messages showing up at all. Seemed to me the removal and reinstall procedure design is flawed. Over time something has to go wrong. I bought a case that's designed to allow the landing gear to remain in the landing mode with the camera always installed instead of being stored in travel mode requiring the camera to be removed, and interestingly and to my great surprise the error message for the disconnected gimbal disappeared never to return. I do however from time to time get the error message that the SD card is not installed. A series of inserting and reinserting the card numerous times fixes that most of the time. Sometimes however I have to reformat the card in order solve the problem with the card. Just my 2 cents an glad you posted this. Maybe someone else will weigh in on this issue who has knowledge concerning these two issues.

Reactions: dieselshadow
I have this problem on Crystal Sky 5.5 after hot swapping a lens for the first time. It's definitely not a hardware problem because if I connect other android devices, in my case Samsung galaxy note 4 and Samsung tab8, both are showing that the gimbal status is OK.
There's another topic in this forum where people are saying that after they installed the next djigo update the error was cleared.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters