Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Gimbal Disconnected

Reaction score
Hi,
I am having an issue where it says gimbal is disconnected and doesn't show video on the app.
I have tried:

Restarting the app.
Restarting the remote/drone
Disconnecting and cleaning the pins on the gimbal
Changing lenses
I have the latest firmware.

It's interesting because it lets me calibrate the gimbal and I can tilt with it on the remote....

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
So starting at the beginning, this may mean that the board on your camera is not making good contact. Make a small shim out of a matchbook and put it underneath the board to raise the level a bit. You may find this will resolve your problem It has worked several times for me on different inspires. I learned it after getting a camera sent back to me from DJI repair. The only thing that was done was a small shim was inserted, but it fixed my drone.

Hope this helps you,
Dan
Thynkdrones

Reaction score
We had an Inspire 2 with X4s camera that nearly always gave us that message every time we powered up. Sometimes it would last 15 seconds, sometimes 15 minutes. No amount if cajoling or anything would make a difference. Trust me, we got advice from everyone and tried nearly everything, but nit the matchbook repair, (except sending it back to DJI (against my suggestion to do so)). When flying a flight with multiple batteries we would hotswap batteries to avoid powering down and doing the waiting dance again.
Then one day a flight with obstacle avoidance turned off (automated flight) found its way into an unprovoked attack on a tree. End of that Inspire 2. (Thankfully).
The replacement Inspire 2 and X4s has never once had that issue. We tried the first X4s camera which survived the crash, and have not seen that message. Therefore, I believe it is a problem with the aircraft. If it were my Inspire 2, I would ask DJI to sort it out.

The Editor

Staff member
Reaction score
We had an Inspire 2 with X4s camera that nearly always gave us that message every time we powered up. Sometimes it would last 15 seconds, sometimes 15 minutes. No amount if cajoling or anything would make a difference. Trust me, we got advice from everyone and tried nearly everything, but nit the matchbook repair, (except sending it back to DJI (against my suggestion to do so)). When flying a flight with multiple batteries we would hotswap batteries to avoid powering down and doing the waiting dance again.
Then one day a flight with obstacle avoidance turned off (automated flight) found its way into an unprovoked attack on a tree. End of that Inspire 2. (Thankfully).
The replacement Inspire 2 and X4s has never once had that issue. We tried the first X4s camera which survived the crash, and have not seen that message. Therefore, I believe it is a problem with the aircraft. If it were my Inspire 2, I would ask DJI to sort it out.
The OP is talking about an Inspire 1 - That’s why it is in this section.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hotrodspike