Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Gimbal Follow mode

Reaction score
Hey

So I grabbed an inspire 2 recently, after operating with and inspire 1 for the last year and a half.

one thing that's been annoying me since I got it is the follow mode on the gimbal.

with the x5, I used to be able to put the gimbal at 90 degrees to the direction of the aircraft, and as I used the sticks to turn or move the aircraft, the gimbal with move with it to remain at that angle id set it at.

with the inspire 2 and x5s tho, for some reason if I try and change where the gimbal is pointing, the whole craft will turn in follow mode, and in free mode, the gimbal will stay facing the same direction as I set it independently, but not swing around with the craft (as intended, free mode on the inspire 1 did the same)

what I want to know, is if theres any way to get the follow mode on the inspire 2 to work the same way as the follow mode on the inspire 1 without having to use spotlight or a second operator?

Yep, to do what you want, set the gimbal to free mode and position the camera as you want it, then simply toggle back into follow mode. The gimbal will stay in position and move with the I2.

NB, In early firmware this wasn't possible as the gimbal reset to point to the nose if the gimbal mode was switched back to follow mode. DJI changed to the behaviour I mentioned above in later firmware following grumbles from the I1 pilots ;) (If your gimbal resets to forward facing every time you switch back to Follow mode, then you're on an early version of Firmware and need to update to a later one.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irene