Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Gimbal not changing modes

Reaction score
I flew my inspire today and the camera was not locking in position with the inspire. It would not turn with the drone. Does the same thing in each modes. The video feedback was terrible also. The only thing I can think of is I used the video card today for two pdf files but didn’t clear the files before I reinstalled in the camera. You think maybe I corrupted the cameras firmware?
Thanks
Jeff

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just got done updating all the firmwares in both the transmitter and inspire and it is still doing it. The gimbal is not changing the way it functions no matter what mode I put it into. It will even turn alittle bit with the rudder stick.
Jeff

Reaction score
When you say 'mode' are you talking ATTI vs GPS? Or are you looking at 'Free Mode vs FPV mode? Cause it really sounds like you're on Free mod which means the gimbal will stay directional locked regardless of heading of the drone, until you actually pan the camera.

Reaction score
I am talking about the gimbal mode. No matter what I put it into whether it is fpv, free, follow the gimbal acts the same way. So far I have upgraded the controller, drone firmware and just now removed and reinstalled the dji go app. Still doing the same thing. Pretty much wasted half a day now trying to figure it out.
Jeff

Reaction score
Have you tried pulling the camera off and putting it back on? And maybe cleaning the contacts while it’s off? That’s the only other thing I can think of.

Reaction score
I took the camera off and cleaned the contacts and reinstalled. Still no luck. When I change gimbal modes with the app the gimbal will make its buzz noise but wont change the way it works. I bought my inspire used and the seller said the camera was brand new. wondering now if it wasnt re manufactured and it is faulty. I flew tonight and you cant really tell that it is not working right but it is one of those things where I know it isnt right. I will never fly fpv so not sure it will be an issue if I cant get it fixed.
thanks
Jeff

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtc6776