Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Gimbal not level... this is getting old

Reaction score
OK so I've re calibrated the IMU, compass and gimbal and at some point during my flight my horizon ALWAYS ends up crooked deeming my footage unusable. I bought my inspire 1 v2 with the x3 used and I don't have a receipt. This is getting real old. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks

Example: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

OK so I've re calibrated the IMU, compass and gimbal and at some point during my flight my horizon ALWAYS ends up crooked deeming my footage unusable. I bought my inspire 1 v2 with the x3 used and I don't have a receipt. This is getting real old. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks

Example: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
If this happens during flight presumably you spot it on your monitor?
Just press and hold C2 button and when the crosshair comes up adjust the gimbal roll with the right jog wheel (while still holding down C2).
Whole thing probably takes less than 3 seconds from start to finish.

If this happens during flight presumably you spot it on your monitor?
Just press and hold C2 button and when the crosshair comes up adjust the gimbal roll with the right jog wheel (while still holding down C2).
Whole thing probably takes less than 3 seconds from start to finish.
It usually reverts at some point though, wouldn't adjusting the roll cause more issues when It reverts?

It usually reverts at some point though, wouldn't adjusting the roll cause more issues when It reverts?
Nope - it's a quick on the fly adjustment.
In fact, still many people do not know that adjustment is available by using the combination of those buttons.
Sometimes when you look at the horizon it just needs a little tweak - this allows you to do it (and larger adjustments as well)

Ah okay, I'll have to try it out tomorrow. Seems as though the folks shooting the promo video for the Inspire didn't even know this as I noticed a lot of the shots had the horizon off. It's too bad DJI hasn't issued an automatic correcton for this ( it's another thing you need to pay attention to when you're flying) but I suppose it's better than nothing. Thanks Editor!

Horizon level control removed from new software on remote.
What a wonderful surprize!!!

Reactions: SanCap
It was not very good to show up on a job and get some unusable footage. Thanks DJI. Or should I say, Dumb Jerks Incorporated!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG