Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Gimbal program to look down?

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I did some searches and didn't find a thread on this, but forgive me if it's been covered and I just didn't find it.

Does anyone know if there is a way to program a button on the radio, or in the app which will tell the I2 gimbal to look straight down? I find unless there is a vertical structure (building, pole tree) it's often hard to tell if you're looking exactly down or if you may be a little foward or even backward looking. It takes time to get it right, and I have decided it sure would be nice if I could just hit a button (like the 'recenter' for looking forward) which would look down.

Hi everyone
I did some searches and didn't find a thread on this, but forgive me if it's been covered and I just didn't find it.

Does anyone know if there is a way to program a button on the radio, or in the app which will tell the I2 gimbal to look straight down? I find unless there is a vertical structure (building, pole tree) it's often hard to tell if you're looking exactly down or if you may be a little foward or even backward looking. It takes time to get it right, and I have decided it sure would be nice if I could just hit a button (like the 'recenter' for looking forward) which would look down.

if i remember correctly you can go into the DJI go 4 settings and customize the c1 or c2 button to do this.

You can put your finger on your device screen and will see a blue circle appear. Then drag downward and you will bring the camera to 90° as long as you do not have extended gimbal range enabled. The pitch indicator will show you if you are at 90° or less than 90°

Disable the range extension in the camera. The it will stop at exactly level and strait down. It's how I verify landings in the wild areas I land in.

okay.... a couple of questions! I'll check the app again, but initially didn't find anything in there to program the C1 or C2 button for this specific request. Where would that be?

pitch indicator? I don't think I've ever seen this! I was commenting with our director how useful that would be.... even if I can't program the camera to look 90 degrees down, having an indicator would help tremendously knowing we were exactly vertical without relying on the image. Another thing I need to look at again, but I know for a fact there isn't anything displaying that now. (I'm using an iPad Pro)

range extension? Where is that setting? This is exactly what we were looking for. I often went beyond straight down and ended up looking down and a little back. Unless there is something tall to give the correct perspective, it's hard to determine over natural terrain.

IMG_5018.JPG IMG_5019.JPG IMG_5020.JPG IMG_5021.JPG IMG_5022.JPG IMG_5023.JPG Just follow the screen shots. Deselect the pitch range extension in one or all of the 3 configurations you see at the top tab area.

After you do it the camera will only travel exactly level or exactly 90' down. That will allow you to judge your horizon and land in the spot you want. If you haven't added a
Cross or some other of the grid settings to display on the center of the screen you will have 100% accuracy. And you can point and shoot through trees or whatever it takes. The grid and center point markers are on the camera settings to the right side of the display after controller and craft are fired up. See below.

The pitch indicator is in a photo by itself here. It's attached to the camera field when the system is all fired up.

Reactions: BigAl07
This is awesome, thanks!!! I will set this up and try it out when I get a chance to come up for air. Things are kind of crazy busy here at the moment (I'm in Nevada) I appreciate this very much. Thanks again!

Reactions: pcdiii
okay.... a couple of questions! I'll check the app again, but initially didn't find anything in there to program the C1 or C2 button for this specific request. Where would that be?

pitch indicator? I don't think I've ever seen this! I was commenting with our director how useful that would be.... even if I can't program the camera to look 90 degrees down, having an indicator would help tremendously knowing we were exactly vertical without relying on the image. Another thing I need to look at again, but I know for a fact there isn't anything displaying that now. (I'm using an iPad Pro)

range extension? Where is that setting? This is exactly what we were looking for. I often went beyond straight down and ended up looking down and a little back. Unless there is something tall to give the correct perspective, it's hard to determine over natural terrain.
Read the manual or go online would be my suggestion!
A lot of information can be found this way.

I wasn't going to say anything because that's not constructive.... but yes. And, for the record, I did look through the manual and researched online. I've found that this is a feature on other DJI models, but not the Inspire. Yet. Here's hoping maybe a firmware update will include it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont