Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

GL690A Mystery Controller?

Reaction score
I picked up what appears to be a brand new DJI-branded controller here on the forums and I was having trouble getting it to work on the Inspire. I thought it might be a P3P controller, but the ports are all wrong. I compared it with the back of my stock controller and noted that it has Model: GL690A printed on it rather than GL658A (stock).

I can't find a single thing on the google about this model...

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Reactions: Rick white
Last edited:
Additional thoughts.... The Japanese market has different radio frequency that is allocated for non-commercial use than the USA, I know this from dealing with enterprise wifi equipment. I am not a EE so take what I am going to say next with a grain of salt, I would imagine you can open up the controller, find a DIP switch or a slider switch and change the controller to be compatible with US frequency. The reason I say that is that it would make sense for the manufacturer -- in this case DJI -- to make hardware identical for different markets and only change the labelling as it makes both manufacturing and support easier. Therefore I think there will be a hardware switch of some kind inside that would make it suitable for one market vs another. It is also entirely possible that this is controlled in firmware/software. Good luck.

IMG_0121.PNG

Unfortunately this was the final state of things before I decided to return to the seller. Current app, current a/c, current RC and camera... still no feed despite trying all the standard tricks on the forum. Swapping the remote for my original results in immediate video feed.

I'd fiddle with it longer if I was paid to fiddle... but I'd rather fly! Back to single-pilot ops for now.

I bought the inspire 1 v1 from Japan last year yes the remote is only sold in Japan, its 2.4 from the remote to the inspire but it used 900 mhz from controller to controller unlike north america that uses 5.8 I took the unit apart and it shows there is a 900 tx board for the output compared it with a N.A. one and its different

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool