Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

GO App connects to iPhone 6 but not to Android Tablet

Reaction score
My Inspire Pro connects to my iPhone 6 without any issue but not to my newly bought tablet, a hp Slate Pro device running Android 4.4.2. However, there is no error or message or so, "the button" just doesn't change to "Camera" (instead it is always showing "How to connect..." link).

From what I read there are plenty of Android devices working with DJI GO, but some are obviously not.

Does anyone know a precise specification / minimal system requirements I could check my tablet against?
Are there any settings or tweaks I can apply to make it connect?
Are there any log- or error files, giving more information about the issue?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Same here...Just bought a brand new tablet Verizon Ellipsis thats worked flawlessly up to this last fw update...Now my tablet no longer works and my phone - Droid Turbo shows up with zebra lines in the screen where the sky should be...

Meanwhile I found out that my issue seems to (also?) be related to USB port accessibility problems. Stopping an app like DJI GO doesn't seem to always release the respective USB connection, somehow. After reboot and first connect, I again got asked about whether to allow USB connection and, after acknowledging, the DJI GO actually did connect. At least once.

Did anybody else approach similar problems, in respect to USB connectability.

Meanwhile I found out that my issue seems to (also?) be related to USB port accessibility problems. Stopping an app like DJI GO doesn't seem to always release the respective USB connection, somehow. After reboot and first connect, I again got asked about whether to allow USB connection and, after acknowledging, the DJI GO actually did connect. At least once.

Did anybody else approach similar problems, in respect to USB connectability.
This is a problem with DJI and the SDK - Its known about.
For some reason, when third party apps have been running the USB port is not released for DJI Go. If DJI Go app runs first then it 'usually' releases the port for other apps (but not always).
Some app developers are having issues with this behavior and I know at least one developer is meeting with DJI shortly to address this.

So the solution would be "reboot tablet before launch an app" or are there any other ways to release the USB port?

Hi guys, I have the same problem with the new firmware, I was working my I1 with a my android Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10 and works good with the last firmwares but now I can´t open DJI GO, I don´t know if is a USB Port problem or APP problem, I trade with a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus and Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and I can´t get DJI GO access. and really sorry I hope that you understand me English is not my mother lenguage, regards.

Performance and reliability of DJI GO running under iOS (on an iPhone 6) and under Android (4.4.2, running on a HP Slate Pro 8) is very different.

On my iPhone, GO performs very well, no connect/reconnect issues whatsoever, pretty decent video quality too.

On my Android device (which is cheaper and less powerful) however, GO is almost useless. It doesn't connect reliable and the overall performance / video refresh rate is awful, no idea what's going on. Support from DJI with such issues wasn't very helpful either. DJI support just claims that you shall buy one of the Android devices on their list, however, many of these phones and tablets are not precisely specified and some devices are not even available in Europe.

Altogether I come to the conclusion that I will not use DJI GO on my Android device anymore, for the time being. It's just too cumbersome and not reliable enough, IMHO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin