Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Go app stuck in "beginner mode"

Reaction score
With my I1 V.2..Not sure what to do at this point..I have a brand new Mini 4 and nothing but problems..The aircraft is stuck in beginner mode even though the switch is off..It climbs to 98 ft, announces the "max" height warning and stops, I fly straight out and at 160 ft, and the "max" distance warning is announced and the drone halts to a stop..I have tried everything you can think of to make it work including turning off every switch that might cause the problem including the geofence switch..It has worked intermittently maybe twice for no reason but always resets to "beginner" mode at next start up..The app works fine with my iPhone 6s..Yes, I re-installed the app twice..What can I do?..The drone is unusable..This iPad was close to $700 for the wifi/cell version!..Any thoughts would be appreciated..

With my I1 V.2..Not sure what to do at this point..I have a brand new Mini 4 and nothing but problems..The aircraft is stuck in beginner mode even though the switch is off..It climbs to 98 ft, announces the "max" height warning and stops, I fly straight out and at 160 ft, and the "max" distance warning is announced and the drone halts to a stop..I have tried everything you can think of to make it work including turning off every switch that might cause the problem including the geofence switch..It has worked intermittently maybe twice for no reason but always resets to "beginner" mode at next start up..The app works fine with my iPhone 6s..Yes, I re-installed the app twice..What can I do?..The drone is unusable..This iPad was close to $700 for the wifi/cell version!..Any thoughts would be appreciated..
Moved to Go App section.

I assume you have tried signing out and back into your account via the app which has been mentioned on the forum many times, to clear the default restrictions imposed since the most recent firmware update?

Moved to Go App section.

I assume you have tried signing out and back into your account via the app which has been mentioned on the forum many times, to clear the default restrictions imposed since the most recent firmware update?

Thanks but how am I to know that?..Why would DJI do that and not tell me somehow..I went through hell climbing bluffs to get shots to no avail and now I get scolded by the editor that I didn't sign in and out..

I've done iPad resets, made sure all other apps are closed, signed in and out of dji go app, done compass calibrations, deleted/reinstalled app and everything else possible and it still happens to me. Usually resetting the iPad clears it but that's not the point as next time it does it all over again. There seems to be no permanent solution. And as usual dji support line just logs it and you never hear back. Extremely frustrated as in my job I need to be able to deploy it quickly so messing around not knowing if it will go above 30m is a right pain in the gimbal!!

Reactions: Supercaliber
I've done iPad resets, made sure all other apps are closed, signed in and out of dji go app, done compass calibrations, deleted/reinstalled app and everything else possible and it still happens to me. Usually resetting the iPad clears it but that's not the point as next time it does it all over again. There seems to be no permanent solution. And as usual dji support line just logs it and you never hear back. Extremely frustrated as in my job I need to be able to deploy it quickly so messing around not knowing if it will go above 30m is a right pain in the gimbal!!

Sorry to hear about your issue. Have you tried conducting a firmware refresh through the DJI Assistant program on a Mac or PC?

Make sure you are running the newest version of the app (3.1.15). The 3.1.14 version of the app has problems of what you describe.

So far there have been 3 or 4 people with the same problem as you and it was an issue with the 3.1.14 app version and dji released the 3.1.15 app version a couple days ago and the problem has been fixed .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool