Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Gps receiver in RC or Tablet?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20043
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 20043

Hi,
Does anybody know if the Return Home to RC uses a GPS receiver in the RC or that it uses the GPS receiver from the tablet?

I am asking because when I choose RTH set point to RC I get the message that the GPS signal is too weak.

Rob

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9195 met Tapatalk

Someone posted that when setting the rc home point on your RC you should tilt your transmitter so your tablet doesn't block the GPS unit on your RC. Not sure if that will help but maybe worth a try.

Thanks Sander, I'll check it out.
My question remains btw, so if anybody knows the answer it is appreciated.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9195 met Tapatalk

Thanks Kilrah.

Do you think that the problem that I have with my Red Arrow (pointing in the wrong direction (Icon down left in app)) might be connected to the message that my GPS signal of the RC is too weak?

Hi,
Does anybody know if the Return Home to RC uses a GPS receiver in the RC or that it uses the GPS receiver from the tablet?
I am asking because when I choose RTH set point to RC I get the message that the GPS signal is too weak.
When the I1 starts up the Home Point (HP) is set to the I1's current position using its GPS receiver (located under the top of the white fuselage casing) and is stored in the I1.

If you select the HP to your position it uses the GPS receiver in your RC (not the iPad/tablet GPS locator - this location is not used by DJI). This updates the HP held in the I1. This has to happen in case the I1 loses the signal from the RC.

The Too Weak GPS Signal message is caused by the weak received signal at the RC. I see this regularly as I am based at 57N. You can solve this by lifting the front of the RC (the antenna end) so it can see more of the sky (and satellites) to the south. If you try again to set the HP to the RC position you should be successful.

Thanks a lot for all the information. I will try this tommorrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44