Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Greeting from Auckland, New Zealand

Reaction score
Hi All

I've looked at Inspire for awhile since last October and was once nearly purchased a P3P, I even printed the flying regulation in NZ by our CAA (had a good read of it as well). I decided not to buy anything for awhile and then I still bought the Inspire 3 hours before my wife an I board the plane to Bora Bora where we honeymooned.

I had the Inspire checked in with its original carton box and bubble wrap. I must admit I was very courageous/willing to take risk to let the airport staff handle my Inspire, the longest time is always at the converyer belt waiting for the Inspire carton box to turn up.

I am a working professional and the Inspire is purely for fun. I never had a RC controlled device in my life. owning an Inspire surely feels like a guy who never drove before suddenly bought a Lamborghini Aventador...

Needless to say, just like all new car driver, I have 2 near misses to date;
first near miss was at Bora Bora, the Inspire spiralling in the sky 10 seconds after I took off, the app tells me the Inspire is suffering Compass Failure/Error, it was only 1-2m above the sea level before I saved the drone by slowly raising its altitude
2nd near miss was after we returned at home, I was trying to survey the roof condition of my property, calibrated the compass as per system request, auto launch the drone and within a few seconds flying away from where I was standing I got the Compass error message again, the Drone is behind a palm tree and I couldnt see what was going on so I can only save the drone by going up in altitude. it was only after I landed I had the opportunity to view the footage - the drone camera brushed over the palm tree leaves. .

And that was only within 10 flights/1 hr flying time. After these two incident both of them are due to mid air compass failure, after closer look my firmware is earlier than 1.3. since the near miss I have updated my firmware and will calibrate my compass in the open with no magnetic inteference.

To fly with the inspire is easier than I thought, and I look forward to learn from all of you.

C

Hi All

I've looked at Inspire for awhile since last October and was once nearly purchased a P3P, I even printed the flying regulation in NZ by our CAA (had a good read of it as well). I decided not to buy anything for awhile and then I still bought the Inspire 3 hours before my wife an I board the plane to Bora Bora where we honeymooned.

I had the Inspire checked in with its original carton box and bubble wrap. I must admit I was very courageous/willing to take risk to let the airport staff handle my Inspire, the longest time is always at the converyer belt waiting for the Inspire carton box to turn up.

I am a working professional and the Inspire is purely for fun. I never had a RC controlled device in my life. owning an Inspire surely feels like a guy who never drove before suddenly bought a Lamborghini Aventador...

Needless to say, just like all new car driver, I have 2 near misses to date;
first near miss was at Bora Bora, the Inspire spiralling in the sky 10 seconds after I took off, the app tells me the Inspire is suffering Compass Failure/Error, it was only 1-2m above the sea level before I saved the drone by slowly raising its altitude
2nd near miss was after we returned at home, I was trying to survey the roof condition of my property, calibrated the compass as per system request, auto launch the drone and within a few seconds flying away from where I was standing I got the Compass error message again, the Drone is behind a palm tree and I couldnt see what was going on so I can only save the drone by going up in altitude. it was only after I landed I had the opportunity to view the footage - the drone camera brushed over the palm tree leaves. .

And that was only within 10 flights/1 hr flying time. After these two incident both of them are due to mid air compass failure, after closer look my firmware is earlier than 1.3. since the near miss I have updated my firmware and will calibrate my compass in the open with no magnetic inteference.

To fly with the inspire is easier than I thought, and I look forward to learn from all of you.

C
I'm also in Auckland with an inspire, great machine if you follow the rules regarding setup etc.....

Reactions: online421
I'm also in Auckland with an inspire, great machine if you follow the rules regarding setup etc.....

I nearly crashed my drone without using the latest app/calibrating the compass in the open.... so I am pretty sure I will follow the instructions....

have you had any issues flying your Inspire in the open space say Parks/Beach? issues such as people not happy with your drone being in the air? Do you have Insurance with your Inspire? I can only get it under home and contents in a locked building. I am trying to find an insurance company that will cover me for the drone while it is in the air.

Cheers.

Albert

I nearly crashed my drone without using the latest app/calibrating the compass in the open.... so I am pretty sure I will follow the instructions....

have you had any issues flying your Inspire in the open space say Parks/Beach? issues such as people not happy with your drone being in the air? Do you have Insurance with your Inspire? I can only get it under home and contents in a locked building. I am trying to find an insurance company that will cover me for the drone while it is in the air.

Cheers.

Albert

Crombie Lockwood insures. But you need to fill
Out a procedure document . Basically telling them what your plans are to fly safely. ie over people over property not your own can raise the price.
Think it's $700+gst per million for liability .. You
Might have to check though ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44