Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Has anyone found an audio solution (long recording lag)?

Reaction score
As most of you may know, after a few minutes, the audio starts getting out of sync. By the time 15 or 20 minutes goes by, you're a second or so out of whack. Working with an X5 with a Comica wireless audio system.

Last edited:
Are you recording 4K?
if so, I don't think there is a solution. At 1080 it works fine, but you are lucky, my sync lasted maybe 5 minutes then re-syncing is a serious pain and I'm a audio recording engineer.

Are you recording 4K?
if so, I don't think there is a solution. At 1080 it works fine, but you are lucky, my sync lasted maybe 5 minutes then re-syncing is a serious pain and I'm a audio recording engineer.
Nope... Im recording in 1080 at 24fps.. and yeah, maybe you're right, it does start getting out around the 5 min. mark.... frustrating.

Maybe that’s why DJI cuts the Clío at 8 minutes and there is a pause before re start, I just don’t recall if it comes back in sync or not

Maybe that’s why DJI cuts the Clío at 8 minutes and there is a pause before re start, I just don’t recall if it comes back in sync or not
I did a 30 min test against a news channel on tv, and by the time 30 min went by, the audio was off a good 2-3 seconds.

Did it not cut the clip at 8 minutes?
I dont think so... I'll re-test tonight and watch at the 8 min mark. Are you saying that it records in 8 min sections while dropping frames at the end of each one? That doesn't make sense since the audio starts getting out of sync near the 5 min. mark.

wow, that's weird, It's commonly known that DJI cuts the video recording at around 8 minutes leaving a minimal but noticeable gap in the recording both video and audio. Yuneek does the same thing but when you import to an editor and pull the clips together it's like it never happened, with the Oslo no such luck, maybe they fixed it with the latest firmware, that maybe I didn't know about, going to have to look into it.

wow, that's weird, It's commonly known that DJI cuts the video recording at around 8 minutes leaving a minimal but noticeable gap in the recording both video and audio. Yuneek does the same thing but when you import to an editor and pull the clips together it's like it never happened, with the Oslo no such luck, maybe they fixed it with the latest firmware, that maybe I didn't know about, going to have to look into it.
Hmm.. yeah, Ive tried it several times. I get no dropped frames in 30 min, its just that the audio continually starts lagging farther and farther behind until you hit stop. I've ran it as long as 45 min to record a funeral (yeah, it was weird).. but I had 2 Osmos running, and I would have to cut shots from one camera to the other in edit to catch up the audio during quiet moments or pauses in speech from the main camera with the audio on it.

OK, hate to suggest it to you, but the latest firmware solved the issue for me at 1080, but not at 4K, it was better running for me after that.

All I can tell you is that my Osmo did benefit from it. Just make sure you format the Mocro SD WITH THE COMPUTER. When you put the card in the camera it expects to see only the firmware file, the camera leaves a file on the card and it messes up the process, at least that was my experience. (FAT) format.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44