Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Have you done extended travel (4 weeks+) with an Inspire Pro?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Not talking about airline regulations but rather traveling for 4+ weeks or more with an Inspire. I'm about to do a 4-6 weeks european trip and I'll have with me 1 luggage, 1 camera bag (I shoot fashion and we're shooting a couple campaigns in europe), and an inspire 1 pro.

I'm trying to decide whether I should just pick up a Phantom 4 for the month and sell it when I get back to LA and take a few hundred dollars hit (no big deal). But the big thing is having to buy the p4, batteries, backpack, filters, etc for it - all of which I already have from my i1pro

Inspire 1 Pro - Pros:
-Better images with the x5
-Better footages with the x5
-Better in wind
-Better maneuverability
-More badass (yes, don't deny it, you know it's important lol)

Inspire 1 Pro - Cons:
-Double the weight of a P4 kit
-Massive so carrying it through airports as a carry-on will be a hassle
-longer setup time
-longer break down time

Phantom 4 - Pros:
-Light
-Fast setup / break down for run-n-gun shooting style
-Easy to control camera - no need to adjust any settings

Phantom 4 - Cons:
-Small Sensor
-Small Image files (12mp versus 16mp)
-Looks like a toy
-And, this is a big one, having to buy everything for it

Looking for anyone with opinion on traveling for 4 weeks with an inspire 1 while carrying laptops, camera gear as well. Thanks guys!

Get one of these cases,easy to wheel around behind you,and takes care of the longer setup/breakdown times

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
Get one of these cases,easy to wheel around behind you,and takes care of the longer setup/breakdown times

I have one for the states but really trying not to carry that up a mountain in Italy. I have a backpack strap for my inspire case that way for the airport I can carry on the inspire (or at least try!)

Ok,that could be a hassle with the mountains,good luck with trying to get the original case as carry on luggage,airlines here in Oz don't like it.

Can you check in the Bestem case on an airline? Looks like the backpack straps would get trashed. Also, some of the reviews of the Bestem case criticize the materials and the quality of the zipper. Have you had any issues with that?

Haven't had any issues at all absolutely love it , that being said I wouldn't check it on a plane it's still just a styrofoam material inside similar to the factory case but I have heard of guys putting the backpack in a suitcase and checking it on that way . Good luck with your decision and I got mine on Amazon with a bit of savings...

The new X5 bestem backpack does not have the zipper. It features zipper-less aluminum frame. They are out of stock till next week, so if you want you need to get behind me on the wait list [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twice the weight I'm not sure about your research but my inspire is 3x heavier than my p4, case an everything

The new X5 bestem backpack does not have the zipper. It features zipper-less aluminum frame. They are out of stock till next week, so if you want you need to get behind me on the wait list [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, signing up!

Just got the Bestem for my Inspire 1 V.2. I bought the silver one because it was the only one in stock. Looks great, but there appears to be some metal support on the gimbal that does not let the bird fit into the case. Might have to cut this out. Little but frustrating. Any other thoughts? Anyone else have a Bestem case with a V.2?IMG_7953.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop