Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hello from Berkshire, UK

• Thread starter Deleted member 37262
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 37262

Hi. My name is Andy. Been running my own Company for 20 years, flying drones commercially since 2009 (my CAA Permission # is 59 !!)

First operated a Draganfly X6. Nicely engineered, but waaayy overpriced (I think they still are). Suited me at the time. Then sold that & bought a Vulcan in 2014, which was a big step up, but now have bought into a I1/X5 after realising the limitations of the Vulcan were holding me back.

Really like my I1, Had one paying gig so far, others to follow. Great photos and video out of it. Only issue so far is that I just cannot get DJI GO to work on a Nexus 9 as after about 5 minutes it starts to run slowly and eventually locks up even though Controller is still working fine (intensive Googling has improved but not fixed it). Bought Litchi and so far so good. it's a shame when a third party App is more solid than the Official one...

Hello Andy.
Welcome to this forum.
Funny you're talking about Litchi if you read this :VERY scary event with the I2 and Litchi App
But I work a lot with Litchi and I have the same opinion.Way better then GO app.
Maybe you can think about an Apple Ipad.
From what I heard it's the best way to work with.But I have something against Apple so always worked with Android and only had some problems in the beginning of the Inspire 1

Hello Andy.
Welcome to this forum.
Funny you're talking about Litchi if you read this :VERY scary event with the I2 and Litchi App
But I work a lot with Litchi and I have the same opinion.Way better then GO app.
Maybe you can think about an Apple Ipad.
From what I heard it's the best way to work with.But I have something against Apple so always worked with Android and only had some problems in the beginning of the Inspire 1

Hmmm. I'm only a novice here, but that does sound more like the controller than the Litchi, which appears to be a Front end GUI for the controller. For example, when DJI GO crashed during a flight, I was still able to use the buttons and sticks and monitor operations (including camera view) from the second screen.

Having said that, I deleted DJI GO once Litchi 'worked' so will reinstall that as a backup, just in case. Thanks.

How do you find the Inspire compared to the Dragan X6 (excluding the price difference) - as we looked at them before the Inspire 2

Ooh. I bought the X6 in 2009. It supported a Panasonic compact camera and there was no camera stabilisation at all. Loads of straightening of images in Post and loads of blurry images to throw away. Video was a no-no. Later upgraded to a 2-axis gimbal but, frankly, was still rubbish. Managed to get decent shots but the wastage was high.

I think that DF has moved on considerably but I've not kept up with the developments and it looks like the X6 is no longer for sale from new, just the X4-P with gyro stabilised camera. Just Googling prices, at $13K for the X4-P, the Inspire is a no-brainer. No idea what DF's USP is, but can't see any justification for the price difference. I think they target and support Emergency Services with large budgets that see a high price and think it must be that much better. Just my opinion.

Someone offered me an X6 recently but I can't see myself ever buying a DF again. In any case, still haven't yet told the OH about buying the I1 :eek:

Hmmm. I'm only a novice here, but that does sound more like the controller than the Litchi, which appears to be a Front end GUI for the controller. For example, when DJI GO crashed during a flight, I was still able to use the buttons and sticks and monitor operations (including camera view) from the second screen.

Having said that, I deleted DJI GO once Litchi 'worked' so will reinstall that as a backup, just in case. Thanks.
I work with both of them and both have crashed sometimes(not for the last months) and yes there was always the possibility to control the Inspire.But the first time I hit the RTH and was very,very happy the see it coming back.:)
But enjoy this forum and your Inspire

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk