Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hello from Sussex UK & a couple of questions

Reaction score
Hi I'm Matt I'm starting a video media company called Captured Media, I have an Inspire 1 Raw. I've owned several other quads before but never one with a down link system.
I've got a couple of questions.
Has any one got any experience with Litchi auto pilot system? I would like to be able to plot a way point mission and then control the camera from the master remote during the mission is this something that's possible using the DJI GO or Litchi app?

Also wondering what lenses other people are using with the X5 system?

Thanks Matt

litchi is not bad... AutoPilot probably more comprehensive... Litchi won't control the gimbal independently at the moment unless you are using android... (I'm not!)... Where in Sussex are you?

Hugh

I'm all Android so I can't use Autopilot unfortunately. I don't actually want Litchi to control the camera I want it to fly a set route while I control the camera. Do you know if that's possible?
I'm based down in Lancing.

Personally, I use the DJI GO app. Setting up waypoints is easy and then the bird flies the mission while I work the camera. I hear a lot of pilots complain that they don't like it because they have to actually fly the mission to set up the points, but I think it is insane to set them up any other way. A map does not show low hanging branches, power lines, etc. Once set, you can fly the mission over and over again if you choose to. I use this for construction progress and can later set up a time lapse type of video showing the building going up.

Personally, I use the DJI GO app. Setting up waypoints is easy and then the bird flies the mission while I work the camera. I hear a lot of pilots complain that they don't like it because they have to actually fly the mission to set up the points, but I think it is insane to set them up any other way. A map does not show low hanging branches, power lines, etc. Once set, you can fly the mission over and over again if you choose to. I use this for construction progress and can later set up a time lapse type of video showing the building going up.

Ah ok can you work the camera from the master remote or do you need to use the slave?

I only have one remote. As mentioned, once waypoints are set bird knows the way. You can dial in the speed and she goes from there.

Thanks I actually had a go today set the way points then used the free orientation option to control the yaw. Ok first attempt gonna try again tomorrow.

It definitely takes some getting used to. But, like anything, easy once comfortable with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide