Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hello from the shores of Lake Erie (Cleveland)

Reaction score
Website
twomile.com
Hey, everyone. I run a small software and drone services business in the Cleveland, Ohio, USA area. (Twomile Heavy Industries Inc - located in Lakewood, OH specifically.) I'm an aviation software engineer by profession, and a Part 107 pilot.

I'm involved in our regional UAS industry as a board member of the North Coast Drone Alliance and organizer of our educational meetup series (pre-COVID, anyway). I'm also a contributor on the OpenDroneMap project and occasionally give trainings and workshops on that tool, so feel free to ping me with questions about ODM.

I'm mainly interested in photography and modeling/photogrammetry for urban development (construction & infrastructure stuff) and coastal resilience (erosion and coastline protection) projects. I have an informal monthly call with a few other coastline drone nerds so if that's your thing let me know.

In 2018 I standardized my fleet on that classic workhorse the Inspire 1, and I have several in rotation. Nearly everything I do is through the X3 camera. I also have an XT (non-radiometric) but it mostly stays in the office.

I'm a little embarrassed that I'm just now joining the forum but anyway - hello!

DJI_0004.JPG

Hello, Welcome. I also have the Inspire 1 and purchased in 2016. I am a photographer from PA and used my Inspire 1 as my go-to drone for many years. I have since acquired a few more drones to help me on the portability side of things. It's a bit difficult to strap an Inspire 1 on your back when in the field taking photos but I still love flying it and using it the X3 to take photographs and videos. I just wish my I1 batteries would last a bit longer. The flight times on many have become seriously limited I guess due to age and use.

Hello, Welcome. I also have the Inspire 1 and purchased in 2016. I am a photographer from PA and used my Inspire 1 as my go-to drone for many years. I have since acquired a few more drones to help me on the portability side of things. It's a bit difficult to strap an Inspire 1 on your back when in the field taking photos but I still love flying it and using it the X3 to take photographs and videos. I just wish my I1 batteries would last a bit longer. The flight times on many have become seriously limited I guess due to age and use.
Thanks Charles. I agree about dragging around the Inspire. Fortunately I don't usually have to lug my gear very far from the car. My buddy's Mavic Pro 2 always makes me a little jealous when it comes to portability and camera quality. Lots of really nice aerial shots in your website portfolio!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan