Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Help fix my footage!

Reaction score
Not sure what I am doing wrong but my footage is looking terrible. See picture. Seems very blue/cold. Any ideas?

Settings as follows:
- Zenmuse X5
- White Balance: Sunny
- Sytle: None (0,0,0)
- Color None
- ISO 100
- Shutter speed roughly 1/100
- Shooting 1080p at 48fps (PAL)
- Apature 5.8
- Exposure around -1.0
- Firmware 1.8.1.00
- Hoya ND8 filter

Attachments

• x5.jpg
    x5.jpg
    503.1 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Not sure what I am doing wrong but my footage is looking terrible. See picture. Seems very blue/cold. Any ideas?

Settings as follows:
- Zenmuse X5
- White Balance: Sunny
- Sytle: None (0,0,0)
- Color None
- ISO 100
- Shutter speed roughly 1/100
- Shooting 1080p at 48fps (PAL)
- Apature 5.8
- Exposure around -1.0
- Firmware 1.8.1.00
Colour temperature too hot (yes hotter is bluer)
Very easy fix in post with nearly all NLE's (but interface differs with each one).

Either fix it as I mention above or just shoot everything in daylight with a fixed colour temp - I use 5600. This will warm things up slightly and give you a more natural looking hue.
Don't what ever you do use auto WB. The tracking is dire and there is no user off set or speed adjust on the toy Inspire cameras.

Colour temperature too hot (yes hotter is bluer)
Very easy fix in post with nearly all NLE's (but interface differs with each one).

Either fix it as I mention above or just shoot everything in daylight with a fixed colour temp - I use 5600. This will warm things up slightly and give you a more natural looking hue.
Don't what ever you do use auto WB. The tracking is dire and there is no user off set or speed adjust on the toy Inspire cameras.

Thanks. Not sure if you saw but I just added that I am using a Hoya ND8.

Excuse my lack of knowledge I always thought hotter = more yellow = higher k value? Therefore colder = blue = lower k?

Any idea of roughly what K is the Sunny setting? I always thought this was in the 5500-6000 range anyway?

Thanks. Not sure if you saw but I just added that I am using a Hoya ND8.

Excuse my lack of knowledge I always thought hotter = more yellow = higher k value? Therefore colder = blue = lower k?

Any idea of roughly what K is the Sunny setting? I always thought this was in the 5500-6000 range anyway?
It's counter intuitive because when photographers talk about adding warmth to a scene they mean making it 'redder' which means lowering the colour temp not increasing it.
As values go up the Kelvin scale they move away from reds and yellows and into blues.
The Hoya filter could be adding a cast but they are usually not too bad although some ND8's are worse than others.

Don't forget you can always adjust the colour temp from the ground in real time. :)

Cheers. Alot of it seems to be looks good on iPad screen but then rubbish on computer when I get home.

Thanks All, Just trying to get a fairly good image straight out of the camera. What White balance is everyone using? Guessing it custom ____k?

I'm currently having similar issues with a a cheap ND8 filter. After some research it seems that the filter is not attenuating the Infra Red enough and adding a cast to the living things like trees. If you have this problem it cannot be corrected with simple "temperature" correction as the trees need different temperature settings to the rest of picture.

Your settings would give me a lower contrast, slightly brown picture rather than the one you are showing. This looks like you have used some editing software to process picture already.

If I try and recorrect the picture a simple temperature change does not work. It also needs a fair bit of adjustment to the red channel as well.

Gary

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1