Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Help please!!

Reaction score
Hello, I picked up a mint condition Inspire 1 a couple of months ago thinking I would fly it a lot for my business but I have found myself flying my other drones much more often. Where is the best place to post it for sale (Within the US) since I am not eligible yet here on InspirePilots to post to the classifieds?? Anyhow help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you all!

Hello, I picked up a mint condition Inspire 1 a couple of months ago thinking I would fly it a lot for my business but I have found myself flying my other drones much more often. Where is the best place to post it for sale (Within the US) since I am not eligible yet here on InspirePilots to post to the classifieds?? Anyhow help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you all!
I would suggest eBay if you are serious, although I'm curious, if you are now selling why over the last few days have you been attempting to buy up Inspire 1 equipment since you joined the forum only three weeks ago?

I would suggest eBay if you are serious, although I'm curious, if you are now selling why over the last few days have you been attempting to buy up Inspire 1 equipment since you joined the forum only three weeks ago?

Hello, thank you for your reply. If I am being honest.....I really like the Inspire 1 but have had a little bit of a change of heart seeing how much additional accessories are (for a little bit of an older drone) and also the fact I find myself flying my other drones because of their better camera abilities. Inspire 2 is next on my list to purchase for my business. Simply said, if I am going to spend all this money upgrading my Inspire 1... I think the better investment is to upgrade to an Inspire 2. Thank you for your reply.

Hello, thank you for your reply. If I am being honest.....I really like the Inspire 1 but have had a little bit of a change of heart seeing how much additional accessories are (for a little bit of an older drone) and also the fact I find myself flying my other drones because of their better camera abilities. Inspire 2 is next on my list to purchase for my business. Simply said, if I am going to spend all this money upgrading my Inspire 1... I think the better investment is to upgrade to an Inspire 2. Thank you for your reply.
Understood - thank you

Reactions: Donnie Frank
You can edit your posts to either change the information or amend with updated information. I usually add something like:

UPDATE: I have changed my mind about selling and am now in the market for Inspire 1 accessories.

D

I’d suggest to Post a few interesting posts or inquiries to learn and get your dues, then post in the classified section. Probably more sales on the forum, I avoid eBay if possible now due to their applied Taxes. Buying Used from Individual and paying taxes... a drone, camera or lens can add a significant amount to price with taxes. I disagree with eBay & Taxes... but use when needed.

Curious... you indicate you’re flying “other” Drones with better cameras? If not yet into the Inspire 2... the X5Raw on the Inspire 1 is pretty hard to beat other than the X5S or X7 on I2. Plus even the X3 or Z3 will compete nicely with most newer drones. I’m personally not a X5 fan, prefer the X5R.

No argument the Mavic 2 Pro /Air2 are great crafts... and fly very nicely, video & stills are great... I really enjoy my M2P & MA2... even the Mini is a great craft.

But none provide the quality of the X5Raw or the MFT large sensor size, and the additional lenses. The M.Zuiko 12mm f2 lens is ultra sharp. As an added perk, the X5R compared to X5S doesn’t require additional licenses ($1500) to use ProRes or CinemaDNG on the SSD drive. Other than extra time to extract and process, the X5R is not much less than the X5S.

If you have a I1, you’re not stepping backwards... it’s still highly used in cinematography, inspections, surveys, thermal with XT 640, and Agriculture multi spectral cameras.

It’s a raw sports car of sUAV, very Iconic craft. I believe it’s the longest selling, oldest “actively“ supported consumer drone, no object avoidance, and lacks all the new bells. It’s an extremely reliable platform that still challenges the newer models in speed, agility, and available Payloads.

Mavics are great, EVO2 nice... but the Inspire 1 remains a worthwhile player... consider keeping it.

I’d suggest to Post a few interesting posts or inquiries to learn and get your dues, then post in the classified section. Probably more sales on the forum, I avoid eBay if possible now due to their applied Taxes. Buying Used from Individual and paying taxes... a drone, camera or lens can add a significant amount to price with taxes. I disagree with eBay & Taxes... but use when needed.

Curious... you indicate you’re flying “other” Drones with better cameras? If not yet into the Inspire 2... the X5Raw on the Inspire 1 is pretty hard to beat other than the X5S or X7 on I2. Plus even the X3 or Z3 will compete nicely with most newer drones. I’m personally not a X5 fan, prefer the X5R.

No argument the Mavic 2 Pro /Air2 are great crafts... and fly very nicely, video & stills are great... I really enjoy my M2P & MA2... even the Mini is a great craft.

But none provide the quality of the X5Raw or the MFT large sensor size, and the additional lenses. The M.Zuiko 12mm f2 lens is ultra sharp. As an added perk, the X5R compared to X5S doesn’t require additional licenses ($1500) to use ProRes or CinemaDNG on the SSD drive. Other than extra time to extract and process, the X5R is not much less than the X5S.

If you have a I1, you’re not stepping backwards... it’s still highly used in cinematography, inspections, surveys, thermal with XT 640, and Agriculture multi spectral cameras.

It’s a raw sports car of sUAV, very Iconic craft. I believe it’s the longest selling, oldest “actively“ supported consumer drone, no object avoidance, and lacks all the new bells. It’s an extremely reliable platform that still challenges the newer models in speed, agility, and available Payloads.

Mavics are great, EVO2 nice... but the Inspire 1 remains a worthwhile player... consider keeping it.
I REALLY appreciate you posting this!! I do fly the M2P, EVO 2 Pro, Mini 2, and now the Inspire. I am just having a hard time with the quality of the X3 camera it came with. What are you thoughts on the X5 upgrade? You mentioned the X5Raw, X7....... how much do these two cameras cost? If I were to pick one, which one and why....? thank you for helping me!

I REALLY appreciate you posting this!! I do fly the M2P, EVO 2 Pro, Mini 2, and now the Inspire. I am just having a hard time with the quality of the X3 camera it came with. What are you thoughts on the X5 upgrade? You mentioned the X5Raw, X7....... how much do these two cameras cost? If I were to pick one, which one and why....? thank you for helping me!
The I1 and I2 use different cameras... the I1 has it’s processing within camera and I2 performs processing on I2 Platform. Need to separate the 2 platforms: I1 - X3, Z3, X5, X5R, and XT Thermal and I2 - X4S, X5S, and X7... no Thermal option by DJI, they moved that over to M210.

The X3 is a fixed RGB, 1/2.3 sensor, 12.4M max pixel, 7 burst fps, 6 EV (-3 to 3), able to capture 4K video 25 or 30fps. The Z3 is essentially the same except with a 3.5x Optical Zoom and 2X Digital zoom.

Next step up to MFT Sensor: X5 and X5Raw, both MFT sensor providing a substantial increase in sensor size, 16M max pixel, 6 EV, 4K video 25 or 30 fps.

Always a discussion... on megapixel and sensor size. In my opinion, if megapixel were equal between 2 different sized Sensors the larger sensor & larger elements produces better results. Thus comparison of 1/2.3 vs MFT is often discussed.

X5Raw - Encoding, added 12 Bit Raw, CinemaDNG & ProRes, and fast Max Bitrate 1.6GB throughput to SSD card. The X5 and X5R were suppose to be similar, although the X5R indicates a better Sensor in all comparison. It can capture to MicroSD or SSD card.

The I2 has the X4S, X5S and X7. The X4S same camera as P4P 1” sensor, the X5S is a MFT Sensor, and X7 is a Full Frame Super35 Sensor, using proprietary DL mount lenses. The X5S is extremely popular using standard MFT lenses. These specs can be examined when you explore the I2 platform.

The newer I2 cameras have improved performance and specs, but the I1 with X5 or X5R can perform quite nicely.

The I1 and I2 use different cameras... the I1 has it’s processing within camera and I2 performs processing on I2 Platform. Need to separate the 2 platforms: I1 - X3, Z3, X5, X5R, and XT Thermal and I2 - X4S, X5S, and X7... no Thermal option by DJI, they moved that over to M210.

The X3 is a fixed RGB, 1/2.3 sensor, 12.4M max pixel, 7 burst fps, 6 EV (-3 to 3), able to capture 4K video 25 or 30fps. The Z3 is essentially the same except with a 3.5x Optical Zoom and 2X Digital zoom.

Next step up to MFT Sensor: X5 and X5Raw, both MFT sensor providing a substantial increase in sensor size, 16M max pixel, 6 EV, 4K video 25 or 30 fps.

Always a discussion... on megapixel and sensor size. In my opinion, if megapixel were equal between 2 different sized Sensors the larger sensor & larger elements produces better results. Thus comparison of 1/2.3 vs MFT is often discussed.

X5Raw - Encoding, added 12 Bit Raw, CinemaDNG & ProRes, and fast Max Bitrate 1.6GB throughput to SSD card. The X5 and X5R were suppose to be similar, although the X5R indicates a better Sensor in all comparison. It can capture to MicroSD or SSD card.

The I2 has the X4S, X5S and X7. The X4S same camera as P4P 1” sensor, the X5S is a MFT Sensor, and X7 is a Full Frame Super35 Sensor, using proprietary DL mount lenses. The X5S is extremely popular using standard MFT lenses. These specs can be examined when you explore the I2 platform.

The newer I2 cameras have improved performance and specs, but the I1 with X5 or X5R can perform quite nicely.

This is the best post I’ve ever read in regards to the Inspires. Thank you!

Reactions: ajobmusee
Greetings "Kevinlittlewood" I think you have found the best place for posting such an item. I too do not have privileges to post. I will do my best to be a good new member to qualify.

Employee time tracking software - WorkTime

That's a good idea to buy gear on eBay?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kajal142