Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Help with video footage! Experts please look and give me your opinion.

Reaction score
Here is a video I shot with my i1. My video still doesn't seem right but I need outside opinions and advise. Please help!

The first shot is a little over exposed. You can try light metering by clicking on the boat before you hit REC, and in this case i'd consider locking the AE after you have the light metering set on the boat. Also i'd practice a little smoother flying, I mean this in a non insulting way just at around :17 seconds in I see some sketchy flying. I'd shoot that over and over until you nail it dead smooth. Keep your horizon levels in check, I know its tough sometimes the gimbal does what it wants in a strong wind and you're moving around an object like you did with the boat. I say in other threads DJI should allow us to control gimbal roll with the left camera tilt wheel for our cameraman. This would help keep the horizons level if your camera operator is coordinated enough. On commercial shoots I recommend getting good in ATTI mode, the sublte drifting in the wind often looks a lot better when close to the object you're filming. Otherwise you see the GPS working to keep the inspire still, and it is visible in your shots. Your cable cam shot at 34 seconds was really good, fast, stable, and the colors look good. You can get a cool effect by speeding up and slowing down portions of your cable cam shot. Your night shots look good, but honestly man, I have to say it because i'm a musician....The music kills it for me. I'd go for a more relaxing ambient groover. Something you'd hear in an upscale bottle service type lounge. Some piano and relaxing chords perhaps.

Also i'm not sure I understood the person laying at the giant help sign? The shot concept is cool but maybe a different theme for the shot?

Last edited:
Thanks for the honesty and that is what am looking for. That was breezy day so I had to leave the i1 in GPS mode. I'll try your suggestions and post another vid this week end. Thanks.

If anyone else want to chime in feel free!

Reactions: Soflms
calibrate you lens. you may have to do it several times. the sweet spot on the stock lens is between aperture 5.6 -8 this will allow sharp infinity focus. after you calibrate lens

Reactions: MinDTraX

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont