Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Probably the wrong forum.

Hey everyone. Recently brought a inspire 1 v2. Because I spent my lifes savings on it would love some help from an experienced person to help me get it off the ground. I live on the sunshine coast in queensland. Could throw a few beers your way just don't want to crash and would like expert opinion on quiet lot of things. Can give number is anyone is interested.

In case the Inspire1 is your first multirotor, it can be quite intimidating to send your costly bird up for the first time and it's a wise decision to seek for some instruction and help first.

I'm afraid I can't come to your place, a bit far for me, I'm from the Netherlands.

In the meantime, why wouldn't you make a lot of flights with the Inspire1 simulator? It's not the real thing I know, but it comes close. You can setup the wind speed and direction. Learn how to fly with it in GPS and Atti mode in various wind conditions. The simulator is available in the latest Go version, in both Android and IOS.

The simulated Inspire1 will react to your stick input exactly like in real life. In fact, you are flying the simulation through your Inspire1's actual flight controller, with all its current settings. You also get used to the way it looks in the sky, flying VLOS. The simulation is pretty simple with basic scenery, but like I said, pretty accurate. Everything about flying the I1 is to be found in the sim. Do some emergency procedures, like the CSC stick command to stop the motors at 400 feet high. Try to start the engines again, with the same CSC command before it hits the ground. Check how Atti mode makes the I1 drift in the wind (you set in the sim). Increase the wind speed and try to fly a nose in circle around you, in Atti. Practise first in GPS of course. Perform a RTH and see how the birds lands on the spot you took off.

You might think about spending another 50 bucks or so (less possibly) on a small cheap manual toy drone. Something that you can play with in the house or the backyard. Really, that helps. Once you manage to fly a manual multirotor, even if it's a cheap toy, you will find the Inspire1 very easy and forgiving, even in Atti mode. It flies like a Rolls Royce. Smooth and silky.

Another thing about flying the Inspire1 is learning the software. Make yourself familiar with the GO software. Read the manuals and read them once again. And check how every specific setting work with the simulator. You can spend many flying hours in the simulator before actually taking off.

We are here to help you, so please ask away.
I hope you find a experienced Inspire1 owner in the neighbourhood who can help you.

Probably the wrong forum.

Hey everyone. Recently brought a inspire 1 v2. Because I spent my lifes savings on it would love some help from an experienced person to help me get it off the ground. I live on the sunshine coast in queensland. Could throw a few beers your way just don't want to crash and would like expert opinion on quiet lot of things. Can give number is anyone is interested.
Hi, welcome to the forum but please do not double post as it is against our community rules.
You started an identical thread HERE so this one is now locked.

Thank You.

Reactions: Sam McMahon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry