Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hi, Im Clackey (Main Administrator)

clackey

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Hey guys - I thought i'd be a good idea to adjust a few forums around and create this Introductions forum so we can get to know our fellow pilots.

I'll start - Novice hobby pilot, web business entrepreneur, aspiring urban farmer, husband, father of 4 and proud Texan!

(Please start a new thread for your own intro)

Most of you will know me on here! (For good or bad!)

Commercial UAV operator - Holding CAA permission for aerial work.
Been building, flying and crashing everything RC for around 30 years now. Got heavily into collective pitch Heli's and multirotors were a natural progression for me once they hit the scene.
About to launch a 'Flight Acadamy' for those who want to work towards their CAA Permission for Aerial Work (PFAW).
Rest of the my time taken up with a couple of other consultancy businesses and my family (Wife and two daughters eldest of which getting married this year)
When I'm not flying (or moderating) I am out with my Border Collie. :p

I am a Crime Scene Investigator with a State Police Agency in the US.
I am also the Chief Pilot of the UAS program that went active after receiving an Operational FAA COA in May of 2015.

I'm the secret moderator. I own and operate a large chain of Dunkin Donuts restaurants. I am a private pilot of full size aircraft and have been flying RC quads, planes, and helis for about 15 years now.

Owner at Drone 1 Aerial LLC. .. I do a little bit of everything in web marketing for Real Estate, Engineering projects, and other business promotions.

Reactions: eldorado
Operating in Northern Ireland I am a commercial UAV pilot with a BNUC-S qualification and a CAA permission to fly for aerial work.(PFAW)

I use my I1 and P2 for photogrammetry, NIR, 3D modeling and building inspections mainly in the heritage and archaeological sectors.

Along with Mrs Irishsights we founded (14 years ago) and run Fresh Hope Ministries International charity working with orphaned babies and providing alternative income skill training for Street Girls in Sierra Leone. My UAV business contrubutes to the revenue stream of the charity.

Got 3 grownup children. I also have been known to go by the name of David.

I'm a 30-something engineer and program lead at a product development company; we've designed and developed everything from consumer electronics to industrial equipment for our clients, often with wireless components.

I'm a fairly serious photographer in my spare time; I've shown my work in art shows and galleries and sold prints. I've always wanted to take my photography work aerial, and got tired of renting quadcopters instead of just owning my own.

Hobbyist. Flew RC airplanes in the 70's and 80's a bit. The Inspire is my first "real" quad after catching the bug with toys.
Fly helicopters commercially for a living. Married, father of two. Also growing trees on the farm and studying Unmanned Aerial Systems as a grad student.

Hi all
44 year old self employed builder from shetland,also watch manager (retained)for Scottish fire and rescue service
Married father of two
(The youngest call the drone a butterfly?)
Just a hobbyist, bought the i1 as I liked the look of it, it used to handle windy weather well and it's fun to fly,plenty open space up around me

Absolute newbie here from Cheshire. Battery on my Inspire Pro still charging after buying the Pro this morning.

I'm a self employed management consultant by weekday and a Football League accredited photographer at weekends.

I'm looking forward to expanding my photographic skills with aerial photography. I'll see how it goes and in time, may even try to get qualified to carry out commercial work.

@clackey, its not the most descriptive of thread titles. Can you change it to something more meaningful?

Actually this was the thread to just to announce the forum and introduce myself. I was assuming everyone would introduce themselves in their own thread. I'll post another...

Actually this was the thread to just to announce the forum and introduce myself. I was assuming everyone would introduce themselves in their own thread. I'll post another...
If you start another thread what is the point? Just edit this one and all is good.

The term forum here refers to inspirepilots.com. There are then various sub-forums and threads under those. Only the moderators can create new sub-forums. I think it's just a terminology thing.

What you have done in creating this thread is fine, just the title is misleading. If it was changed to something like 'Tell us more about yourselves' and it was posted in the pilots lounge sub forum. You can ask the @Editor to move it there if you wish. If you do that you will get more responses from members.

Edit: I see the mods already on the ball with a new Introductions suby!

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Bird
I am retired (2x) A Steelworker for 31yrs. and with the State Highway Patrol for 12. I raced slot cars as a kid, I was into RC planes in the 70's and 80's. Got into racing RC sailboats and still do today. When the electrics hit big I started flying helicopters, then quads, and built a hex f550 with a 2 axis gimbal and a GoPro. . when I retired the second time last year, I got the Inspire 1 as my retirement gift.
I would like to pick up some side jobs using it but I'm not beating doors down to find any work. I am looking into an exemption 333 though, just in case I do.

@clackey, So all we know is with 27 posts your the 'Main Administrator'? and you have been recently added to the Staff list @clackey nobody here knows you! You or @Mazz or @Jacob or @The Editor would really need to to let the wider community know what is going on. Please we would love to know, genuinely, who you are and your bio. It's just a bit of a whirlwind entrance to the community!

@clackey, So all we know is with 27 posts your the 'Main Administrator'? and you have been recently added to the Staff list @clackey nobody here knows you! You or @Mazz or @Jacob or @The Editor would really need to to let the wider community know what is going on. Please we would love to know, genuinely, who you are and your bio. It's just a bit of a whirlwind entrance to the community!
Until then, I can explain that none of us are going anywhere. Jacob has gone away to school and he was one of the "owners." In his place he has a couple of family members taking over. They take care of back end issues that @The Editor and I do not have permissions to mess with. They also run several other websites so they do not always have as much time to deal with specifics here. If you have any issues, please direct them to myself or The Editor and we will be happy to fix any problems you may have. Due to some of this confusion, editor has asked clackey to clarify.

Reactions: IrishSights

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan